I need some ebay advice - winning bidder won't pay up

Thanks Spades for all your advice. After this is sorted I couldn't be bothered using it again. I bought some furniture off ebay 6 months ago and it's really wobbly and crappy. After finding out my parents almost bought something off the same sellers from an advert in the paper and didn't end up buying it as half was missing, I decided to leave negative feedback. After that the person sent me a nasty email calling me names. :rolleyes:

Don't let a few episodes put you off,your not obliged to buy if it was not as described.Buyer beware,try before you buy!

I wonder why I couldn't do that last time? I had only one item and I wanted to send to second and third bidders, but could only send one at a time and wait the 24 hours for them to accept or decline. Curious.

Hi Wylie,
Don't know why???Have you many sales under the belt + feedback+?

Over 1000 transactions and over 800 feedback 100 percent positive. Because I couldn't offer it to more than one under bidder at a time I sent one second chance offer and emailed third bidder to say they were next in line if no response from second chance offer. No drama though. Just curious why I couldn't offer it to more than one and say "first in best dressed".

Just curious why I couldn't offer it to more than one and say "first in best dressed".

Well.. they could be many reasons. It can get a bit ambiguous from buyers point of view which can raise too many complains to eBay. Also, it may stop the buyer from bidding on other similar items hoping they woould get yours which may not sit well eBay's interests. You may have more than one items to sell but using this system to sell privately. I'm sure they are better ones :)

Once, a young russian guy won the bid for a bed I was selling. And he didn't respond for weeks. He lived in Pyrmont, only about 20 minutes walk from my place in the city.
I went to his apartment and rang the bell for him. He asked me rudely who I was and what I wanted. I told him he won the auction for the bed. And he said "I don't want it anymore. If you don't leave, I am gonna come down and someone's gonne get hurt".
I called police and complained about a verbal threat. Police didn't want to do anything.

Over 1000 transactions and over 800 feedback 100 percent positive. Because I couldn't offer it to more than one under bidder at a time I sent one second chance offer and emailed third bidder to say they were next in line if no response from second chance offer. No drama though. Just curious why I couldn't offer it to more than one and say "first in best dressed".

Wylie,
Could it be the case i had the same items listed in same catergories etc,that i was able to offer multiple second chance offers?I dunno,i'll have to defunk the brain further after work/sleep.

Once, a young russian guy won the bid for a bed I was selling. And he didn't respond for weeks. He lived in Pyrmont, only about 20 minutes walk from my place in the city.
I went to his apartment and rang the bell for him. He asked me rudely who I was and what I wanted. I told him he won the auction for the bed. And he said "I don't want it anymore. If you don't leave, I am gonna come down and someone's gonne get hurt".
I called police and complained about a verbal threat. Police didn't want to do anything.

Red flag!!!Why would you deal with a deadbeat bidder after a few weeks?Let alone go around to his place?

Ps.Was his name vladimir?

Last edited:
Right from now on anyone who has bought anything Jim Beam, Harley Davidso, Hello Kitty or is called Vladimir goes on the blocked buyer list.

Don't let a few episodes put you off,your not obliged to buy if it was not as described.Buyer beware,try before you buy!
Yer thanks, I'm sure I'll get over it once I know what I'm doing! I've done a second chance offer that finishes today, and they replied they already bought another one and that they use ebay a lot, and often people unfortunately don't pay. I think I can relist it when the second chance offer expires, so will give that a go.

Back