I want to collect something ...ideas?

I am thinking about collecting war medals.

However before I jump into it, is there anything that I can collect that returns a passive income?

However, price point: No more than about $300, so that I can buy something new for my collection monthly or more frequently.

Obviously this rules out collecting houses and shares :D

However before I jump into it, is there anything that I can collect that returns a passive income?

However, price point: No more than about $300, so that I can buy something new for my collection monthly or more frequently.

$300 each month from here on in then; how about regularly investing each month into a Managed Fund, ETF, Index Fund or LIC :confused:

$300 each month from here on in then; how about regularly investing each month into a Managed Fund, ETF, Index Fund or LIC :confused:

I agree. Collect good quality and long term fund investments. They come bundled with a a passive income, captial growth, can be leveraged and have franking credits.

The price point is well within your ongoing budget and you can spend endless hours watching their day to day performance and deciding which one to buy next!

Seriously though, the fact that you can contribute $300/mth makes managed funds an ideal investment. The regular contributions can be used to 'dollar cost average', which removes most of the risks of market volatility. The entry cost to managed funds and similar investments is negligible.

Is this a trick question?
you're on a property investing website asking for some ideas on things to collect for less than $300 per month?

Do most people here think of absolutely nothing but investing? The bloke wants to start collecting something! God forbid anyone spend money on something they enjoy....

Mate, whatever it is you decide to start collecting, I hope you get a lot out of it and have a lot of fun doing it.

Do most people here think of absolutely nothing but investing? The bloke wants to start collecting something! God forbid anyone spend money on something they enjoy....

Mate, whatever it is you decide to start collecting, I hope you get a lot out of it and have a lot of fun doing it.

Wass ist fun :) ?

ta
rolf

If you're looking for something with passive income, invest.
If you want to collect something, do so for joy, but know this is not an investment.

BB did say he also wanted a passive income. If that ain't investing, I don't know what is!

So if you are collecting for collecting sake, then collect something that is weird and popular with young kids. Buy whatever the latest craze is but wait for a new one to start.

20 years from now, new Harry Potter stuff still in original boxes will be valuable. Star Wars and Star Trek are valuable now but the real winners are the ones still in the original boxes that were never played with by a kid.

Some guys collect Dinky and or Matchbox cars and the really valuable ones are those in the original packaging.

Aside from that, maybe just collect something that you are interested in for fun and forget the passive income.

If you want a lazy income from an investment I would just invest in fund or such that follows the ASX index up and down, Very Hard to beat in the long term.

I've always wanted to collect girls , :D , Hmm :cool: I must get onto that !

poker chips?

eldoradocash.jpg

Back