ideas to move couches etc ? trailor/ van hire? other ideas?

Heard good stuff about minimovers. But they are not cheap either.
I think man with van is cheaper than minimovers.

Have you checked out rent a bomb utes? I know they have utes in their fleet but it means you must know how to tie the furniture down which can be difficult. I'm thinking of myself as a helpless female with no clue (I hope you're better than me at moving stuff!) :)

LOL @ minimovers too.

moving couches

Lynne you are right htere are a bunch on the first page of your reference i dont know how i missed them.lol
i'll try them now and also wait for the ones from the 16th or so page to get back to me. if not see about hiring something.

thanks so much.

1t ute at Bunnings $20 for 1hour and $59 for a day...comes with towbar and if you buy some stuff you can get a trailer for free. :D

moving couches in budget ways.new question

thats interesting too Sammy K. thanks for that.

Lynnes guy on the first page said he will move the couch 2 armchairs and double bed for $60 and all the small boxes and stuff aswell if we want for a total of $70. sounds too good to be true.

he said he could pick up the couch and arm chairs from 20 minutes away himself and bring them to the place where the other stuff is that needs to then be moved all to a place 2 minutes away.

please dont laugh but i've heard stories of removalists that dissapear with the stuff never to be seen again. how do we assure this will be a good expereince ?

Francine.

we are looking for a budget way to pick up some couches from half an hour away and bring them back

we also have other things we might be moving like a big double bed.

any budget suggestions.

my small car wont take a tow bar and paying for it to be installed is a couple of hundred.

removalist? can be costlybut may be our only choice.

i was hoping a friend could help us with tralor hire but i think he is busy.then we could have it over more hours to move stuff.

any other choices? is not a massive couch an old maybe 6 foot or soemthing with 2 matching arm chairs and then the double bed.

francine.

Hi, we hired a 3tonne truck to move our whole house it was automatic

cost around $130 think it may of been eurocar hire or network if you have any of them nearby my wife drove it and she said it was easier to drive then our automatic statesman traffic is also more curtios:D

dave they quoted me 140 per hour. thats not the cheapest option. thanks anyway for the info and laugh

francine.

Yeah, probably right, when we used them I think they were $80.hour (2 guys and a truck) but like I said, they ran and had a shift done in an hour including 20 minutes of driving.

Others quoted a lot longer at the time.

Dave

My bro recently had some stuff to move for his place so he and his mates went to bunnings and bought a wheelbarrow and used their courtesy trailer to 'take it home'. Quickly moved some other stuff from nearby and had it back within an hour or so :p

Urchin, my gf and I spent ages looking for couches and were about to spend around $900 for one from fantastic furniture when two of my common habits, impatience and impulsiveness, decided to combine. We went to salvos, found a decent 2 seater and 1 seater for $90, got my Dad's trailer and can now spend the other $810 on something else ;) btw: gf isnt sure how long she is in the place for (may only be 6 mths for FHOG), so was a great option. Could always drape blanket or something over the couches if they didnt look the best :p

Good luck with your removals Francine. If you were in my area i would do it for a carton of beer :p But unfortunately, it isnt to be :p

Francine, are you able to get anywhere near people and horsefloats? Perhaps go down to the local racetrack? ask if anyone wants to make a few bucks, they provide the vehicle and horse float..

Us horsey folk got good, strong, body strength, we make good removalists, plus our horse floats are great for shifting Uni students!!! to new digs.:)

If you hire the driver you have someone that is used to towing, plus someone to help shift the stuff. Hmmm, try the harness racing people first.;)

Get your butt down to the local harness track about 0600hrs and ask if anyone wants to make some cash....just a thought.:)

Back