Idol chatter

Whenever I hear people complain about Bobby , I hear the dulcide tone of Bob Dylan and Rod Stewart grating like nails on a chalk board ......;)

He can sing unlike some people :rolleyes: :eek: ( OK so Bob Dylan is one of the greatest songwriters around but lots of other great songwriters stuck to song writing ..... but I'm yet to find a redieming feature relating to Rod ...)

See Change

..... but I'm yet to find a redeeming feature relating to Rod ...

Funny you should mention Rod. In my younger years I was never into him much but then last week he was on the radio and I commented to my wife how much I now liked his voice and older songs. It was one of his quieter songs and I felt like I could listen to it all day.

I must be getting older or mellowing or something...

I went to a Bob Dylan concert maybe 10 years ago. He must have been totally stoned. He shuffled on to the stage, didnt acknowledge the crowd ever, and hung on to the microphone all the time almost swallowing it as he 'sang'. Very embarassing and people were booing and walking out.

I went to a Bob Dylan concert maybe 10 years ago. He must have been totally stoned. He shuffled on to the stage, didnt acknowledge the crowd ever, and hung on to the microphone all the time almost swallowing it as he 'sang'. Very embarassing and people were booing and walking out.

Must have been the same tour that a colleague attended where Bob Dylan performed with his back to the crowd.

Employed sparingly it could add suspense and showmanship but but it didn't .... according to the girl who sat through the show (or did she walk out?)

They say appreciating Rod Stewart is an early sign of oldtimers disease...either that or have you had your hearing aid check recently ;)
I went to a Rod Stewart concert when I was 19- now that was a few years ago.

That was back when all the concert gear could be carried in 4 semis.

And I was one of the rodies (uni vacation) loading and unloading the semis. I was getting paid double time and a half to attend the concert.

And I was one of his protective guards when he left the concert, to keep the screaming girlies away.

But now...

What's got 20 teeth and 20 legs?

The entire front row at a Rod Stewart concert.

I actually liked Lavina, she has a great voice. I started painting my nails after his first verse. Chris...I'd enjoy seeing him play at the local on Saturday night but I don't think he's Oz idol material. I don't mind Lisa except that I think her vocal range is very limiting, though I dthink she'll do wll this week with her guitar. Damian was a shocker last week but overall I'd like to see him win it. The giggling girl, great voice but can't see her selling many albums. I cannot stand Bobby...he mumbles and sat there stunned when he recieved a touch down..the other guy - the reported virgin, cannot remember his name hence I think the only reason he'd win is with the teen vote.

My thoughts

Kate.

Article in the sunday paper today saying that this is the most talked about series ( of Idol ) since the first one. I think it helps that we havn't been overloaded with a lead in of American Idol , the X-Factor , competition from various versions of Popstars, and we also don't have spin offs with " Inside Idol " and the John West Idols ( The rejects ....).

See Change

My ratings for the tonight's performances...

Bobby - 8

Chris - 8

Dean - 10

Jess - 9.5

Damien - 9.5

Lisa - 7

Ricky - 6

In his defence, it sounds as though Ricky has been unwell.

At this point I'd still like to see a Dean and Damien final. I'll reserve the right to change my mind on that though, depending on future performances.

:cool:

At this point I'd still like to see a Dean and Damien final. I'll reserve the right to change my mind on that though, depending on future performances.

:cool:

That's the way it looks to me.

I think Ricky will get through this week. I thought it was one of his better performances ( rest of family also thought he was good ) and the judges were unfair in their comments to him and that will bring all his fans out in droves.

Lisa needed to deliver and didn't and Chris again showed he can't sing ballads ( he needs a good rock beat to hide his weak vocals ... he's really only club standard ). Jessica forgot songs have a melody and you should sing them , to much vocal acrobatics and she could suffer.

SOS , I'd reverse your votes for Damien ( 10 ) and Dean ( 9.5, I thought 9 but my wife and 17 year old daughter disagree ..). I did something that I've never done before except in the grand final and I voted... :eek: Damien delivered the stand out performance of the year and delivered the first deserved Touch down. Dean was good , but his vocals arn't in the same league as Damiens ( though he may well be more marketable ...)

If Bobby doesn't have a career as a singer ahead of him , he should be one of the foremost producers in a few years as his arrangment of Rhiannon was brilliant , though his vocals struggled tonight.

I think Lisa , Chris and Jessica will be bottom three with Chris to go. If they hadn't panned Ricky he could be there but his fans will be galvinised. I feel sorry for Ricky as he has been given a hard time by the judges , he takes it to heart and appears to be struggling emotionally :(

See Change

I thought Damian was brilliant, I'd give him a 10 hands down, the guy came out on stage and sang for the first 20/30 seconds without any instruments etc - just his voice & pulled it off- now thats talent.

The rest didn't impress me that much - apart from Dean who I'd give an 8 and I did like Bobby's take on Rhiannon tonight, but I wish he'd get a haircut and I wish Chris would get a haircut and a shave...then people I think would be like 'whoa ok..' and take notice abit more and yeh I know its about their vocals but I think presentation comes into abit.

Ricky shouldn't have got past auditions...I didn't like his version of Robbie but I do feel sorry for him, the judges never seem to have a nice word to say about him and that must hurt him abit. I think Chris will go tomorrow night, but hope its Ricky.

Kate

Damien was good, wasnt he! But I think he is too old to be an idol.

Gosh, wasnt that supposed to be Lisa's night? I thought their comments were tempered because they didnt want to bring out the sympathy voters, again!

Ricky looked unwell, but thought he was better than Lisa. Dean got the mood change down perfectly - wow factor ending! Jess, - what a voice for a 16 year old. Chris there for the numbers.
Bobby (why do i keep typing booby!) I still dont get! But I suspect he is talented.

Lisa has got to go! She does not sing. If my child had spoken the way she does her I would have called in the speech therapist

I think that the producers are now more aware of the importance of marketing power, in which case either Dean or Jess are the most likely to be in the grand final!

I am basing my assessment by who had a special 'something' in their performances. Damien, Jess, Dean and Bobby had the 'something'. Ricky, Chris and Lisa didn't. Anyone one of those three could go on Monday night and the votes will be close.

It's a bit of fun isn't it. We'll see how we go next week. I will ahead forecast Ricky but will reserve the right to change my mind after mondays performances:D

My post from earlier. I am still sticking with Ricky to go tonight with the others in the bottom three being Chris and Lisa.

Looking forward to hearing Bobby on Tuesday night.

Back