Idol chatter

Looking forward to hearing Bobby on Tuesday night.

Whoops!!

Goodbye Bobby. Hope it all goes well for him, he's definitely a talented musician that deserved to go further than 7th.

The fact that they've unanimously invited him to come back tomorrow night for the originals night even, though he's been eliminated, is a true testament to his talent. Every time I hear him, he grows on me more.

Bobby will do ok, but I don't think he's "idol" material. He just didn't grab me! I think there's a couple still in there, that would cream him.

cheers
Sharon

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!! Not Bobby, I am devestated.:(

I am glad he is still getting to sing tomorrow night as that will give him some more exposure.

Bloody Ricky should have gone@#@

Hmmmm, and I've just checked the TV guide and we don't get tomorrow night's show down here in NW Tassie. The price we pay for living in regional OZ. Lucky us get to watch Dancing With the Stars. I know where the 'off' switch is for that show. :mad:

My tipping continues in good style this year with Chris not making it to the bottom three...:eek:

Bobby gone.... though of all the people to go he was the one who had least to loose by going.

If he'd won , he would have had his initial album controlled by Sony as a result of winning. He is the most unique talent to come through Idol and now he will have artistic control over what he does , and it is his " artistic ability " which has set him apart from all of the other entrants over the last four years.

With the exposure he's had , his future success is purely in his hands. He has the world at his feet , if he he keeps a level head...;)

Having said he should have got through to at least the last four. Lisa , Chris and Ricky should have gone before he went . Then again Regan should still be there .....

See Change

The shows continues to put the cash grab over credibility.......

The more the judges bag a contestant over their performance the more sympathy votes they get.

You guys are kidding giving 9.5 and 10 for those idol performances. Some of them were excellent but not worthy of a rating that high. It was definately pretty boy's best night, but in comparison for example, with Anthony Callea's "The Prayer" it doesn't rate in idol moments or performances. Whenever you give a 10 out of 10 you are rating it as perfect, there is no room for anything better. For me to give a 10 I'd have to walk away clearly amazed, shaking my head in disbelief at such an extraordinary performance, tears streaming down my cheeks and ring Myer the next day to book a copy of their first album when released. I was pleasantly impressed at best on Sunday night, but nothing more.

Bobby and Lavina exit.....Ricky, Lisa and Chris play on.....who'd have thunk it:confused:

As for Bobby being invited to play tomorrow night......They will all have practiced during the week and the show would have planned on them all being there. Whoever had left last night would have been invited back for tonights show.

Kev
www.gogecko.com.au

Bookies would be revelling in joy. They had odds on Bobby to win.

Bobbies downfall was a little too much concentration on artistic composition and not enough on actual performance.

You guys are kidding giving 9.5 and 10 for those idol performances. Some of them were excellent but not worthy of a rating that high.

Whenever you give a 10 out of 10 you are rating it as perfect, there is no room for anything better. For me to give a 10 I'd have to walk away clearly amazed, shaking my head in disbelief at such an extraordinary performance, tears streaming down my cheeks and ring Myer the next day to book a copy of their first album when released.

So, I'm easily pleased... :p

:rolleyes:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!! Not Bobby, I am devestated.:(

I am glad he is still getting to sing tomorrow night as that will give him some more exposure.

Bloody Ricky should have gone@#@
Agree completely,

This reminds me why I dislike this reality TV genre so much. It rewards mediocrity if you're a pretty boy who can do back flips that the tweenie girls with their SMS phones like and punishes real talent. Video really has killed the radio star... :(

Depressed now,
Michael.

Unplugged.

Dean did a nice version of a mediocre song . It had a nice feel to it, but lacked a strong chorus .

Lisa's song was better , had a good hooky chorus , but verse was a bit so so , as was the vocal range ( she showed that she can sing more than one octave in the group performance last weekend ) . Also it lacked a middle 8 as a contrast to the rest of the song. If she sat down and work shopped that song with a really good songwriter she haave a potential hit on her hands . Lyrically was stronger.

Ricky did off the wall . If you like Ricky you'd think it was his best performance but I'm sure Mark and Kyle would still have crucified him.

Damien showed that he doesn't have much ability as a song writer . Structure was there , but no melody or lyrics of note.

Jess , Did What a wonderfull world . Was her best performance to date up to the point where she forgot the lyrics ... though she recovered well . Was starting to send shivers down my spine , which she hasn't done before.

Bobby . Glad they let him come back . Best original song of the night by a mile though it wasn't good enough to get him a ccontract as an independant song writer . As a singer songwwriter though it was close to single material .
He didd a realy nice performance of the song and the combination of his song and voice is a winner. He knows how to write for himself .

See Change

Finally ....

Ricky delivered on big band night of all nights . In fact I'd almost go as far as saying he was the best of the night. Mark was very positive , though if Kyle put the same degree of disection into a couple of the other performances tonight there wouldn't be much left for the paramedics.....

Lisa really struggled and with the judges making no comments about her singing atonally and with no sense of emotion , she won't have a sympathy vote on her side .... She's my Pick to go.

Jess.... the other possible exitee tonight . Beyonce done swing didn't work , she was struggling to have space to breath ( between the words ) and her pitch was all over the place. She shines when she has longer notes , and there weren't any tonight. Her worst performance to date , but still better than Lisa who in my opinion has outstay any enthusiams for her distinctive and unique ( read quirky ) delivery style.

Chris , I don't really like him , but he delivered one of his best performances tonight.

Dean was good , but no better than before and the same applies to Damien.

I think Bobby would have slayed them tonight ....

Bottom three will be Lisa and Jess and ???? Chris / Ricky / Damien /Dean ????

I think the only one who hasn't been bottom three is damien so maybe it's his turn to be the first one safe.

See Change

Seech,

I am in total agreement with your analysis.

Ricky was pretty good with the big band and got my vote for the night.

Kyle has got no idea.

Bobby would have slayed them for sure! Too bad the main interest in the show is gone. So its a little down hill now.:(

MJK :D

Urgh... Lisa has got to go this week. How did she manage to get this far in Idol with such a boring singing voice? In Big Brother this year you could vote to *remove*... how come Idol hasn't taken this concept on, I wonder?

I also found Mr Murphy's swing AC-DC version quite intriguing... :rolleyes:

-- MJ.

Yep, Lisa has to go. I like her but she's no Australian Idol.

Come to think of it, I can't see any of the last 6 as an Idol. I'd hate to be trying to market any of them, it's going to be a tough job.

Back