If my husband own a house,can I be a first home buyer?

In a nutshell, no you're not eligible for the grant, espacially if you're still married.

I have seen one instance where the husband owned the house. The couple got married then separated 3 months later. She didn't get anything in the separation agreement, so she still was eligible for the grant a few years later.

Sorry I'll add not eligible unless the property he owns is an investment property purchased after 2000 and he has never lived there for a period of more than 6 months.

How about i inherit a house from my partner (domestic partner), i bought investment property before but never live in that property and i sold it and if i want to move out from my house (make it my IP) and buy some where else, can i claim FHOG?

How about i inherit a house from my partner (domestic partner), i bought investment property before but never live in that property and i sold it and if i want to move out from my house (make it my IP) and buy some where else, can i claim FHOG?

that's really confusing now...inhert? buy IP? so you have 2 house???

1. If you inherit a home- as long as you sell it within 6 month ( dont quote me on the time frame...check ATO) then you can still claim for FHOG

2. If you buy a IP- prior to 2000 and never lived in it- you are can also apply for the FHOG

End of the day- if you can;t claim for one grant- you most likely can claim from the another 2 grant available!! there is 3 grants out there- NOT just ONE!

I have 1 house now, sold my investment property last year. I bought in 2004 half my name and half my partner name. I don't want to sell the house i staying at the moment. May be will move back to here when i get older. I don't think i can get this sort of house again. The position of the house, the street, the neighborhood, Albert park lake, everything, and the best part is that not busy (traffic) at the busy hour. I can sell and get the same standard of house that i have at the moment but i would need to pay more than 80K stamp duty plus other fee, not worth it. And top end property is not doing so well any way at the moment. But any way, i don't need FHOG, just a question, i am well look after by my late partner and i think FHOG should go for people that need their very first home.

I have 1 house now, sold my investment property last year. I bought in 2004 half my name and half my partner name. I don't want to sell the house i staying at the moment. May be will move back to here when i get older. I don't think i can get this sort of house again. The position of the house, the street, the neighborhood, Albert park lake, everything, and the best part is that not busy (traffic) at the busy hour. I can sell and get the same standard of house that i have at the moment but i would need to pay more than 80K stamp duty plus other fee, not worth it. And top end property is not doing so well any way at the moment. But any way, i don't need FHOG, just a question, i am well look after by my late partner and i think FHOG should go for people that need their very first home.

Good on ya! your a good man.
In that case, you wont be able to apply for the FHOG- but you can claim for the another grant which is the stamp duty reduction for "PPOR" - forgot the legal name of the grant ( 12am ><) but it's on the same website as the FHOG, i applied on a clients behalf only 4 weeks back.

Regards
Michael

Back