If this was yours ............

Definately get rid of the poxy halogens - the kitchen looks very dark and poorly lit. How anyone can cook in a kitchen with those I don't know. Get the long-life fluro downlights instead - much brighter light and still has the same look and much more energy efficient. Halogens put out a lot of heat and not a lot of light and are extremely environmentally unfriendly and inefficient. You will save a bundle on your electricity bill too. The light in a kitchen should be a bright white, not yellow.

What's wrong with KISS???? :confused:

If you're remodellling, consider a good ergonomic height for the appliances to avoid burns (how tall are the occupants?). I see the Ikea model has the microwave up high.

Also, get rid of the dishwasher; I see there's dishwashing liquid on the top, so are dishes manually washed anyway (better IMHO; I'm sure others will state otherwise)?

Dost mine eyes deceive me, or are there a pair of fluffy dice on the bench top......;) :p

Hi Kamak.

The red trolley that you intend on using for storage looks a bit like a tool chest in my opinion.

Regards
Marty

Thats exactly what it is :)

Also, get rid of the dishwasher; I see there's dishwashing liquid on the top, so are dishes manually washed anyway (better IMHO; I'm sure others will state otherwise)?

Dost mine eyes deceive me, or are there a pair of fluffy dice on the bench top......;) :p

Oh no I love having a dishwasher, detergent was out as I needed to claen some shoes :)

Yes fluffy dice, they are out of the car in my avatar which is getting a new interior

Hi Kamak

Is there a pantry in the existing kitchen? Are you planning on changing the existing floor?

No real pantry as that's where the fridge is now, hence the need for better use of the available space.

The floor is going to be this.

MosoZebranoStore01.jpg

Looks great mate.

I'd change the Wild Turkey bottles. Looks terrible to have a half empty bottle. Drink it.

Cheers

Aza

Feel free to pop over and help LOL

but just a question
from the sidelines is that a print or a painting on your wall that may well be an Albert Namatjira, and it is a painting then you may not know the value of something like that..willair..http://www.aboriginalartonline.com/art/namatjira.php
http://www.artistsfootsteps.com/html/Artists_Namatjira.htm

Thanks for the heads up. I collect a lot of art so am up with the prices :)

I have a lot of art from Arnhemland that's going to have to go to make way for new purchases.

No real pantry as that's where the fridge is now, hence the need for better use of the available space.

The floor is going to be this.

OK.

If the funds are available this is what I would do:

Corner pantry where fridge is, on the left of that have fridge (using existing wall), move sink and dishwasher to island bench, have high return/servery on said bench. Should I continue or have I already blown the budget?

Sunshine

Hi Sunshine thanks for the input. I'm on the groundfloor so moving the sink over isnt possible. Have sufficent budget though to adopt the other ideas though.

Sell it and by/build a house with a real kitchen:eek: .

Do you have a pantry?:confused:

This house has a nice functional kitchen. The drawing may be a bit light but opposite the stove is a bench which extends nearly the whole lenght of the kitchen.

(hope the attachment works):)

markanat

Attachments

• house plan.pdf
    113.1 KB · Views: 66
Hi Kamak

I was thinking that you wanted to make your kitchen pretty flash? yes

Shame about not being able to move sink by digging up concrete or installing a platform over. I think the sink facing the other way is much better for the cook/user or potential purchaser as it makes it easier to talk to guests/family when entertaining - or watch telly when washing up!!

Anyway, by incorporating the fridge and cnr pantry on the wall, and making the kitchen a small L shape will add function to the kitchen. (Not saying its not functional right now BTW).

Be careful not to have the sink and cooktop too close together - not practical or functional whilst both in operation.

You might need to rethink the oven cause I think you might not have room - unless cooktop goes on island bench - an option maybe. Might there be room for the oven next to fridge on the wall?

I notice that you have a smaller type fridge - try and make the fridge space as wide as you can - thinking resale value. Amazing how many people have big fridges but a lot of new places have small fridge spaces - so the house gets overlooked.

By having a high return/servery on the island bench will give you lots more usable space.

Have you though about what type of kitchen you would like 2 pac timber etc and what about bench top? Laminate, granite? Loads more options when not a budget IP.

Hope my suggestions give you something more to think about.

Sunshine

Back