Ignore Button

If you put someone on ignore, they can obviously still see your posts...

What if they choose to respond to one of your posts ? Well you won't see it will you.....

But it will still show up in the POST COUNT right ?... this thread had 5 posts, but you can only see 4.. If I had multiple people on ignore, it would drive me nuts thinking which one is it ?!

What happens when someone not on ignore, QUOTES someone that you have put on ignore ? Do you then see the Ignored person's quote or is there some tricky trick computers use to hide this shield you for this as well ?

yeah obviously I have a bit of time that I would rather not using cleaning my house right now:D

I've always though ignore lists are internet equivalent of a spoilt child sticking their fingers in their ears yelling "LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING".

Not always..I can read you.
There can be other reasons.

If someone has said something that is insulting take it up with 'em.

At least you didn't quote the person, whoever it may be, and say Ignore List + 1 as some painful people on another forum I'm on do with nauseating frequency :rolleyes:

Even if I disagree with people and they annoy me, I still find they sometimes come out with some good useful information that you'd otherwise miss if you put them on ignore.

ETA, damn it, I thought it was going to be me. Must try harder :p

If someone has said something that is insulting take it up with 'em.

At least you didn't quote the person, whoever it may be, and say Ignore List + 1 as some painful people on another forum I'm on do with nauseating frequency :rolleyes:Even if I disagree with people and they annoy me, I still find they sometimes come out with some good useful information that you'd otherwise miss if you put them on ignore.

ETA, damn it, I thought it was going to be me. Must try harder :p

No..believe it or not..I don't like to be rude.
Stubborn yes.

This is the reason why I figured "ignore" is good for a short time.
Otherwise I will might say something not nice.

No..believe it or not..I don't like to be rude.
Stubborn yes.

This is the reason why I figured "ignore" is good for a short time.
Otherwise I will might say something not nice.

Fair enough.

BTW wasn't saying that's how you were coming across. If anything it was nearly a compliment. I'm not ready to take the full step to it being a full compliment, but I am working on it :D

Some can't handle an opposing view.
Their fragile little ego just doesn't take well if they see something they don't agree with because the world should be only they way they think it should without any outside interference that does not bolster their own opinion.

Some people just get under my skin.
my time is worth too much to read anything they have to say :D
Duplicitous it's called.

Some can't handle an opposing view.
Their fragile little ego just doesn't take well if they see something they don't agree with because the world should be only they way they think it should without any outside interference that does not bolster their own opinion.

Duplicitous it's called.

And some people are more rude than necesary

I find it good on occasion - when someone is deliberately being provoking and abusive, and I don't have the self will not to reply.

Haven't had to use it since - um - have to go and look up who's on my ignore .... ah - beebop

I find it good on occasion - when someone is deliberately being provoking and abusive, and I don't have the self will not to reply.

Haven't had to use it since - um - have to go and look up who's on my ignore .... ah - beebop

yeah..it was only for a few hours.
They are out of "time out" now. :D

The great part I can go back and read what he/she posted
without getting riled up.

If you put someone on ignore, they can obviously still see your posts...

What if they choose to respond to one of your posts ? Well you won't see it will you.....

But it will still show up in the POST COUNT right ?... this thread had 5 posts, but you can only see 4.. If I had multiple people on ignore, it would drive me nuts thinking which one is it ?!

What happens when someone not on ignore, QUOTES someone that you have put on ignore ? Do you then see the Ignored person's quote or is there some tricky trick computers use to hide this shield you for this as well ?

yeah obviously I have a bit of time that I would rather not using cleaning my house right now:D

Like this?

Back