Illegal parking of caravan

A first for me, a friend of a tenant has parked his caravan on my commercial property and despite being asked has not removed it ... he works with the tenant but is not on the lease.

How do I legally take steps to remove the caravan?

Thanks

First of all its private property and he is obstructing passageway of other vehicles which enter and leave the premises.

A couple of pointers:
* is the van in a parking space allotted to the tenant?
* is there anything in the lease that would preclude the tenant parking a van on the site?
* A letter to the tenant notifying the tenant of the breach would be the starting point, giving them the number of days stipulated in the lease to remedy the breach.

* is the van in a parking space allotted to the tenant?
No he has parked it on the driveway that allows other tenants to traverse around the parking area to the exit.

* is there anything in the lease that would preclude the tenant parking a van on the site?
He is not a tenant and yes! no tenant is allowed to obstruct other tenants passage.

* A letter to the tenant notifying the tenant of the breach would be the starting point, giving them the number of days stipulated in the lease to remedy the breach.

I have told him I would have it towed if it is not removed within 7 days, just wondering what my legal rights are ...

I have told him I would have it towed if it is not removed within 7 days, just wondering what my legal rights are ...

Why would you say that if you don't even know if you're allowed to do it?

Are you managing your own commercial property here? Do you know how to manage alleged breaches of the lease?

Why would you say that if you don't even know if you're allowed to do it?

Are you managing your own commercial property here? Do you know how to manage alleged breaches of the lease?

I have been managing properties since before you were born :p

I know from my property law days there is a procedure to follow if you want to take the correct legal steps in a situation such as this, its obvious you are ignorant of the law so how about keeping your comments to yourself and maybe someone else who does know will answer my question.

I know from my property law days are you a lawyer?there is a procedure to follow if you want to take the correct legal steps in a situation such as this, its obvious you are ignorant of the law I think he is a solicitor or ex solicitor so how about keeping your thoughts to yourself and maybe someone else who does know will answer my question.
Have your managing agent fix the problem. If you are self managing and can't maybe think of hiring one.

Default the tenant or have it towed if it is on your property. If a body corporate get them to fix the problem.

I know from my property law days there is a procedure to follow if you want to take the correct legal steps in a situation such as this, its obvious you are ignorant of the law so how about keeping your comments to yourself and maybe someone else who does know will answer my question.

I'm not sure if this is funny because Mr. Bum is a lawyer, or if you've been in the property game 40 years and you don't know that any communication between LL and tenant starts with a simple written letter of demand.

pinkboy

Back