I'm free! I'm free!

Well done mate!

Enjoy your time off, you deserve it... And I'm really glad to hear you'll still be posting. Yours are some of the best posts on the forum IMHO and I seek them out. :)

Like Ani and Jacque have said, can't wait to meet you at SIG too.

Enjoy!!

Cheers,
Michael.

Well done mate,

I also love your posts and will also plan to be at my first SIG meeting in July - 4 years in China precluded me from attending!

cheers and have fun!

Alex congratulations for achieving what you have so far.

As Michael Whyte said you are one of the best posters on this forum and I learnt a lot from you.

Hope to see you in SIG.

Alex,

If you have spare time visiting Melbourne while in transit between, uh, hotels, we'd love to meet you at the MIG.

Congratulation to you hard earned life choices. ;)

Have a great holiday Alex. Makes my two weeks in Darwin over the hols look a tad boring:D Throw some snaps on the site when you can.

Alex,

If you have spare time visiting Melbourne while in transit between, uh, hotels, we'd love to meet you at the MIG.

Congratulation to you hard earned life choices. ;)

There you Alex. You could travel to each of the Aussie capital cities and attend the IG meetings on your way trhough. Maybe people could even put you up for a couple of nights.;)

Enjoy your trip and we will catch up at the SIG.

Cheers

Congratulations, Glad it's all working out so well for you.

lickcherryqh2.jpg

Lick that cherry :p

Well done, Alex! It takes a degree of bravery to leave behind the devil you know. Enjoy your trip and I look forward to reading your posts on your way home. Happy travelling.

bernly

Good stuff Alex. I intend to do something similar in a few years.

My wife is Canadian and the kids are 6 and 7. We have applied for Canadian passports for the kids. So we would leave Aust say June/Jul, go to Europe for a few weeks, then get to Canada and enrol the kids in school in Sept.

My wife can work. She looks after the kids presently. I will put a deposit on a triplex in Ottawa. I will be the house hubby, do a renovation and look after the kids. We would leave the following Feb and the kids start the new school year.

This is all underpinned by our property investing. It would not be possible otherwise.

Hey Alex, why don't you start up a blog of your travels and the property you look at. That way we can all read what you are up to and look at your photos etc.

Hi Alex,

Nice work. I for one feel the benefits of travel outweigh the monetary cost. Delayed gratification isnt for everyone. Good on you for getting out there and checking out the world.

I used to have a goal of 100days snowboarding a year. I think Ill just miss out on that target this year - my work arrangements wont permit.

Its been a good run though, Ive done 100days+ for the last 5years. The experiences that I have gained are invaluable to me. They have put a different perspective on the world.

Enjoy your travels! Rub in your experiences, we would all love to hear what you are upto.

Safe travels,

XBenX

Just a quick update.

I am currently in Seoul, and will be embarking on the last two weeks of my holiday in Asia. The last 7 weeks have flown by!

It has been a GREAT trip! Time to meet family and friends and catch up, relax, observe other countries, and eat.

Also looking forward to coming back to Oz and starting up the old investing thing again. Having gone at least a dozen cities on this trip, it's really hit home how EVERY house, EVERY office building, EVERY factory, etc has an owner! Someone owns it, someone lives in it / uses it. It's made me excited about property all over again.

Looking forward to attending the Oz property meetings as well. Can someone send me the Sydney details for June / July, and Brisbane as well?
Alex

alexlee

When the girlfriend (now wife) left London we travelled for 4 months through europe then got back to Oz and sat around for another 6 months. It really is great to be able to do nothing for nearly a year and not worry about the finances.

Go for it and have fun in europe.

Regards

Regrow

I'm back!
Yes, after my trip, I'm back in Sydney. I've been back for less than two weeks, but have managed to attend the BIG and MIG meetings. It was great to meet people and put faces to names.

I contacted job agents before I came back, and had a few interviews lined up for when I did arrive. After a few interviews with various places, I have (or so the agent tells me) one firm offer from a bank. Sounds like an interesting job, and the pay is about what I expected.

Digressing a bit, my own experience suggests that jumping jobs every 2 years is NOT a big issue. Having been on both sides of the table in an interview, it really is about whether you have legitimate explanations for your moves, that you moved into roles where you gained more / different experience, and how you react in an interview. The interview I went through for the bank that made an offer was basically them trying to bully me and put me off my game. They were really seeing how I would react to it.

Anyway, the old bank account is a bit lighter (though luckily the high AUD helped when shopping overseas) but the memory cards for the camera are full! I've had lots of time to rest, read and think about my plans for the future. I really suggest that people do this every so often.
Alex

Welcome home!

Glad you had fun, hope the new work is everything you wish it to be...I agree, rest, reading and thinking is good. Every so often....and I'm partial to a little travel.:)

Great you are back Alex.

welcome alex - sorry about the chilly weather, although i guess it's a bit like a balmy uk summer :D now you can wear your swimmers to the beach, instead of hyde park.

totally agree with swapping jobs every two years. i found i would take around two years to fully learn how to competently perform a position - and then i'd get bored. it's great if you can get a job within an organisation that has various position to move around in.

Welcome back Alex!

I am surprised you made it to the BIG. I feel awful now since I only live 10 mins away and didn't go. It had been raining heavily 24 hrs, freezing cold and nothing much could have gotten me out of the house that day.

I plan to go and get about 300 pics printed today. That's how much a DVD can take at 8mp. Still have about another 500 pics to be printed and we probably took around 1500 pics:eek:

Congrats on the new job too!

so now when is the wedding? :p

Back