Increase Fence Height - VCAT appeal - anyone any luck?

Hi
Due to Neighbourhood laws, the Council will only approve a 1.2m high front fence, and we can then appeal it at VCAT which has a waiting list of 8 months. Has anyone been successful at a VCAT appeal to increase the height of their front fence, our side fence is 1.8m and we want to just continue the fence, we are on a busy road.

Cheers

We planted Gracilis Textilis clumping bamboo along our rear fence to block out a nosy neighbour. In two years we have a 20metre thick hedge that is 6-7 metres high.

Along the sides the have extended the fence post heights by planting chinese jasmine but that is taking longer.

We had to play outside the box so it might work for you. Not to mention the costs are significantly lower.

Be careful with bamboo. It can go completely out of control, and start appearing in nearby areas etc.

I would not give out bad advice. Running bamboo is bad and should never be planted so I agree.

Clumping bamboo as I mentioned will not take over. It grows in a clump and is so easy to maintain. Essentially it is grass that need some TLC in the first months then can left alone.

Commercial landscapers use the clumping forms as they will form a dense hedge within 2 years. That is from a plant that is only 50-100cm. Depending on the height you require you choose one that suits. From 3-4 metres all the way to 30 metres.

Back