indian hatred thread ... again

i know the thread is closed - and to reopen another "might" incite a few - but i couldn't let it go past comment that i notice, out of 4 recent killings in australia of indian nationals, the police have arrested the murderers ... and they turn out to be indian nationals ...

wonder if that gets reports back in india?

and the one that was supposedly set alight turned out to be insurance fraud who tried to burn his car down and failed :D

doesn't paint India in a good light at all

Never let it be said that the truth should get in the way of a good story. So much better to have the world believe we are all a bunch of racist rednecks.

.... i kept telling my friends that i strongly believed a lot of the recent murders/attacks were actually Indians vs Indians, not racists aussies vs indians. They didnt believe me.

Of course this news will NEVER reach india.
They would lose face if such news spread there..... and losing face in India is NOT an option, they are worse than the Chinese when it comes to saving face.

... paint me a racist if you will (im not, btw), but these are the facts.

So much better to have the world believe we are all a bunch of racist rednecks.

I also question the "wisdom" of our NRL promoting "Black v White"series
Not sure that will do our cause any help either.
Somehow I just can't imagine the USA football getting away with a similar series.

(shrugs) call me cynical

The last, and possibly only Indian to be murdered (set alight) in Adelaide in a long time was an Indian, and the jealous wife did it.

That was a particularly tragic case as the children were asleep in the house at the time :confused:.

Never let it be said that the truth should get in the way of a good story. So much better to have the world believe we are all a bunch of racist rednecks.

It is commonly observed and accepted that daily news are sensationalised sometimes to the point of creating and promoting conflicts domestically and internationally. If there are no conflicts, the news is reported as the Devil's advocate or suggestive of something juicy, sexy, scadalous, or politically incorrect is just under the surface. :rolleyes:

Guys and girls, yes there is probably a percentage of intra Indian violence.
But the majority of reported cases are groups of drunks in taxis or teens out late at night doing the bashing.

Let's keep perspective here. I've taught a lot of Indian students at Uni and they are a passive, gentle, and noble intentioned people on the whole.

Anyway, the more important point is that the State police and bureaucrats get off their adipose a$$es and intelligently exercise the law enforcement powers you and I outsourced to and trust them with.

Guys and girls, yes there is probably a percentage of intra Indian violence.
But the majority of reported cases are groups of drunks in taxis or teens out late at night doing the bashing.

Man, no need to single out one ethnic race... I think you'll find people from all nationalities experience drunken anti-social behavior and violence. I've worked pubs & clubs for the last 6+ years and from my experience it's a deeper problem with alcohol & drugs more than racism. But I don't really mind too much, I love watching a good old scrap!

I also question the "wisdom" of our NRL promoting "Black v White"series
Not sure that will do our cause any help either.
Somehow I just can't imagine the USA football getting away with a similar series.

(shrugs) call me cynical

I question the wisdom of such a series also. It drives the wedge deeper between Aboriginals and non-Aboriginals, when that wedge is getting less evident.

City/Country, State of Origin, makes sense. This doesn't, IMO.

I question the wisdom of such a series also.

Is this a 'series', or is it a one-off? I thought it was just the one match.
In any case, I look forward tonight to a great footy match between two great sides, and I'll be cheering them both on. These players are all Australian, and the best we have.
That been said, I initially was a bit skeptical about having an Aboriginal team pitted against an 'all-white' team. I thought that was a bit divisive.
I look forward to a great contest.:D
Amy

Is this a 'series', or is it a one-off? I thought it was just the one match.
In any case, I look forward tonight to a great footy match between two great sides, and I'll be cheering them both on. These players are all Australian, and the best we have.
That been said, I initially was a bit skeptical about having an Aboriginal team pitted against an 'all-white' team. I thought that was a bit divisive.
I look forward to a great contest.:D
Amy

My bad - not a series, a match. Should be a good match, but I'm still not comfortable with the premise.

I question the wisdom of such a series also. It drives the wedge deeper between Aboriginals and non-Aboriginals, when that wedge is getting less evident.

City/Country, State of Origin, makes sense. This doesn't, IMO.

how so? you divide people by origin. if you ask me, it makes just as much sense as dividing them by race.

and half of aboriginal team is not aboriginal anyway. they are half/quarter/eighth etc...

how about the "THere are too many Asians and Indians in Melbourne" group in Facebook?

A few days ago my chinese friend just lodged a complaint to the Discrimination Office regarding that group. NOt sure if they have taken it down. There were lots of young people in that group below 25 yearss old.

Back