Industrail Property's

has any 1 in here got any industral IP like factorys or offices do they have trouble finding tendents im shore the returns would be high if you can get some 1 in them aswell as the tendents pay all out goings what do you think....

Willy, do you mind putting some punctuation in your posts? It's very hard to read them if they just run on like that.

Industrial property: higher yields (usually), but banks lend at lower LVRs. Vacancies tend to be more extreme (i.e. you might have a few years of zero vacancies or a few months of no income).

My own view of it is that industrial tends to be more difficult to assess, and you have to be sure you can handle the -ve cashflow from what can be long vacancies. I think it would be safest to start with residential IPs.
Alex

Willy,

Just to note, there is a difference between "industrial" (factories) and "commercial" (retail and offices).

In the "industrial" categoriy, I understand there are "clean industrial" (warehouses, distribution, light manufacturing) and "dirty industrial" (heavy manufacturing)

All of our ownerships of these type of properties have been through listed and unlisted trusts. eg IIF, IPG, Cromwell, GPT, APN

Cheers,

The Y-man

willy008 said:
Has anyone in here got any industrial IP's like factories or offices

Yeah, we've got a few factories.... What were you thinking of exactly ??

willy008 said:
Do they have trouble finding tenants

No...but we are quite prepared to wait for a good'n....the bad ones can be, um...bad.

willy008 said:
I'm sure the returns would be high if you can get someone in them

Yes, they tend to do quite well. Depends on what you are after.

willy008 said:
As well the tenants pay all out goings, what do you think....

I think it's pretty good. :)

Back