Ineffective selling techniques 101

If you fancy being invaded by UK cricket fans on hot summer nights, this place is for you...

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...eader=&c=57352366&s=vic&snf=rbs&tm=1166308884

I can confirm that it's definitely an 'ineffective selling technique', as 5 months on it's still for sale.

Though today was quite warm they'd better remove seasonal references quick smart as these date ads like nothing else (apart from 'Move in by Christmas' - and it's only April)

Peter

Speaking of ineffective, I've been browsing though places for sale up in the snow (and no, I'm not buying one in case anyone was going to ask for a place to stay :) ) and nearly all the photos of anything I look were taken through summer. The 'dream' is to wake up and see the snow outside, or sit in front of a roaring fire as you look out to see the cold, snow covered mountains. All you see is hills of trees!

Ineffective selling techniques = REWARDS

Its good to have a laugh at what some REA's think will sell a property.
Below is a good example of a crappy photo that was posted on RE.com.au. This was the 1 and only photo they posted up and the description matched the bad photo:

IP001.jpg

My girlfriend and I went and saw this place just to see where it was as part of our researching and ended up buying it! I took this photo the day after:

IP002.jpg

The ad made no mention of the new driveway or the fact it was owned by the 'bank' or anything! As a result, there were pretty much only neighbors at the auction.
Anyhow, picked up an absolute steal and we owe it all too poor advertising by the REA.
Moral: You certainly wouldn’t want ur property advertised like this but thank god there’s people who don’t care….gives us the bargains!

Last edited:
Back