Inner door in oven exploded!

I just got an email from our property manager that the inner door of the oven at one of our investment properties exploded overnight. Luckily noone was hurt. The tenant sent through a picture. Looks nasty! Getting someone out there today. Hopefully they can replace it on the spot.

Attachments

• oven_inner_door_explosion.jpg
    oven_inner_door_explosion.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 150
Hi, I had something like this happen in the 1st year of a new house. We always thought that it's because the tenant had the door closed and the grill on.

I live in one of 4 houses myself. When I grill, I always keep the oven door open.

I don't know if that's right or wrong, but to me it's common sense because the grill bars are red hot and the glass doors would not withstand the pressure.

Maybe someone else can explain the right way to do things in a standard oven/grill type cooker.

KY

It is a faulty design or oven and should be replaced by the manufacturer.

Either go back through the retailer or manufacturer.

They probably have a whole batch of these cases.

I've only seen this happen to a couple of ovens over the years, usually right after the warranty expires!!

This looks very unusual. In seven years landlording I have never had an oven do this.

That said an oven is an important piece of fit out in the rental. Providing the damage is beyond the tenant's control it will have to be replaced.

Back