PM's description of Tenant , can you match this ?

Got an interesting email from a PM today including the following section

Quote :

Once you've read the conversation ( emails were attached ) , hopefully you will agree with my suggestion that xxxxx ( name deleted ) ( who is a difficult , argumentative , painful , rude , obnoxious pain in the neck ) be asked to leave at the end of this lease and we find a new tenant who is still vaguely in touch with their sanity , to replace him

We have had one tenant who was concerned about voices from the oven ( Gas ) , turned it on and looked inside with alighted match ... apparently she hadn't been taking her meds

Cliff

I once had my PM describe an applicant for one of my properties as "scum". When I said to her "You can't say that", she replied, "But they are". :p

We had a tenant similar, a few years back.
She thought everyone was going to gang rape her, or torture her cats.
We had agreed she could bring her 3 cats...but when she was evicted, it was more like 15+.

She boarded up the windows, or wrote notes over the others.
She was walking into neighbours homes...who she didn't even know.
She was posting stuff ..conspiracy theories, on the internet.

As irritating it was for us... it must have been worse, to live inside her head.

One of my current tenants believes the house is haunted. When she moved in she had a spirit whisperer come to the house to bless it and she asked if I would contribute to the cost.

Hope your property is in a popular spot. I recently got rid of a difficult tenant on the advice of the PM and over 6 weeks later the place is still vacant.

lol...we had a horse whisperer...but it seems she also talked to dogs.
Our other tenant discovered his dog was lacking, in sweet potatoes, I think.

Anyway, she had given notice (furnished all inclusive unit) and then decided she wanted to stay. We offer her another unit in the same property. She didn't like it....something about spirits not being friendly

These are all ongoing tenants?? (ie they were renters before coming to your properties). I wonder about the vetting process?? .... unless the previous PM gave them a glowing report to move them on....

Bit of a difficult situation, made me think what I might do in such a situation (would I move them on in anticipation of issues or would I not have any grounds to move them on if they paid, communicated well with PM and kept the property in a decent state)

Back