Innerbath.com.au?

Has anyone used innerbath.com.au?

Just wondering if they look as good as the pics show. Also, there is no indication of cost on the site.. wondering if anyone can give me a ballpark figure on how much one of these might cost?

Cheers!

Julia

I would feel much more comfortable with that option than painting a bath. I painted one once and it was okay for a while, but the finish didn't last. It never looked great either.
Scott

I'll keep an eye on this thread too, would love to refurb our old claw-foot.

I find it very annoying when company's don't readily advertise prices, especially for this kind of thing. It just reminds me too much of the old double glazing salespeople back in the UK, i.e. you phone for a quote and they come and brow beat you for 3 hours before giving you some bull-turd price based on what they think you can afford after nosing round you house for half an hour!

Yes I have used Inner Bath Co-- for a fibreglass inner bath- back in 2007 Excellent job- for a tenanted property- still looks good- maybe cos tenats have not been total animals. Now just last week rang them again as I require another one for another apartment in Vaucluse.-Sydney No hesitation in giving me a quote of $990 over the phone- said it was firm as all the sheets of fibregalss are the same size regardless of size of bath. Just phone the number on the Web & they will refer you to someone closest to you. I had paid about $830 for the first inner bath(Inner city Sydney)
I also rang the resurfacing people and had a quote over phone of$680.
Both of course are much more then replacing a bath but if you are not pulling out tiles & refurbing the bathroom it makes sense.

Wow MIZBUF their prices really surprise me. The site says that they come in at 1/4 of the price of a new bath. I guess they are including having the old bath removed, new bath purchased and installed (comprehensive quote) whereas I'd do much of the work myself and it would only be a fraction of the cost.

I could probably get a new fancy standalone bath in there myself for less than that.

Bummer.. that's a bit disappointing.

Yep I think the market for the new surface/inner bath is for Units when it is too much hassle to remove the old iron bath or when tiling is not to be replaced- all the Best

I would feel much more comfortable with that option than painting a bath. I painted one once and it was okay for a while, but the finish didn't last. It never looked great either.
Scott

Scott what paint did you use? I have heard that White Knight tile paint is NOT adequate due to continually getting heated up by the water but Tub n Tile is supposed to be able to withstand that. I have not yet used T n T but often thought about it.

Scott what paint did you use? I have heard that White Knight tile paint is NOT adequate due to continually getting heated up by the water but Tub n Tile is supposed to be able to withstand that. I have not yet used T n T but often thought about it.

I did a shower base with T n T - came out OK (except for the odd brushmark :eek:)

It was a product made specifically for baths. Can't remember the name - it was 15 or so years ago. I do recall I prepared the bath properly - used a grinder with a flap disc, wiped it down with solvent etc. The finish went on well, but it did look like a painted bath. (Just as painted tiles always look like painted tiles.). I'd say the paint on the bath lasted 5 years before it started to break down, so that was pretty good. It's a good solution for a cheap rental property.

Back