Innisfail, QLD

Hi there,

I have seen some interesting ads for buying land in Innisfail...well, it's between Townsville and Cairns that both have predicted 10% growth ...some newspaper reports even talk about the next "Billion dollar" region. I am interested to look for our IP2 and this area sound appealing to me.

Therefore my question, if anyone here has invested in Innisfail and what they think about this region. The only thing that concerns me is that population is only 20,000 - so I am not sure about rental demand.

Thanks for your thoughts...
Thomas

It may be between Townsville and Cairns but it isn't Townsville or Cairns.

If it is to be the next "million dollar" region there must be another reason which, of course, may well exist. Mackay, once just a sugar town, has done well but it is closer to the mines.

What do you think will be the driver? Could be that towns do seem to do well after re-construction. Darwin certainly did!

see, that is exactly what I don't know. Re-construction can be a driver but on the other hand people might fear to live in cyclone areas and move somewhere else... I think it's an attractive area but I just need some more facts before I can make a decision...
thanks
thomas

Back