Inside Information

Hi Everyone,

As I have no contacts at all, this forum is my only resource available.
The information I am after concerns the Edgewater estate in Footscray Melbourne. We have been looking at some of the magnificent houses along Skyline Drive for Sale, all with the best views in Melbourne.

The problem is that on the opposite side of the road on a sloping hill are going to be 4 storey apartment blocks. The council and developers are withholding vital information about how high they are going to be therefore unless we know if views are guaranted we will not buy.

The builder and estate agent are totally furious that this info is being withheld as it creates uncertainty therefore top price will not be achieved.

How do you find out ...Surely people 'in the know' are around the place. Would any developer involved in the forum have an idea?
Suggestions how I can find out?

Thanks Mrs Bird

It is totally against the law for council to withhold this sort of information. Any development application made by a developer must be advertised and placed on public display for all and sundry to enquire about and comment on.

As far as I know, council is the only way you can get this sort of info....or, talk to the people living in the area. If there have been any recent development applications, council is obliged to write them and let them know.

The other possibility is that no one has actually made any development applications yet.

Whilst I'm not answering your question at all I just wanted to say that the potential views from that development are SENSATIONAL.

I drive past it often and I defy anyone to find an area with better views of the Melbourne skyline.

Please let us at the forum know if you find the answer.

Cheers

Back