Insurance against arson ?

Hi Guys,

This might sound odd but.

What if i had reasonable suspicsion someone is going to set fire to my house.

Does insurance cover this if its intentional or only caused by a natural disaster?

If so, please recommend an insurer.

I hear a lot about Terri Scheer....

I was hoping to avoid this time consuming task. I'm sure someone has done this already and would know.

Wow :D. Do you read contracts before purchasing houses?

Ring the insurer to ask.

I would think you may not be covered if you don't disclose this to the insurer.

Are you insured at the moment? Read your PDS. When you renew you might need to disclose? Is the property occupied?

I was hoping to avoid this time consuming task. I'm sure someone has done this already and would know.

So in other words you are too lazy to do your own research and instead consume other peoples time in the hope of being spoon fed the answers you seek?

Hi Guys,

This might sound odd but.

What if i had reasonable suspicsion someone is going to set fire to my house.

Does insurance cover this if its intentional or only caused by a natural disaster?

If so, please recommend an insurer.

I hear a lot about Terri Scheer....

Tenant residing in the place, tenant who has/was moved on, or someone else entirely:confused:

You totally should risk your $x00,000 asset because you can't be bothered to read the PDS or more importantly take action to protect it in the first place.

pinkboy

How is the question this poster is asking, any different than most of the other questions?

Most of the questions other posters ask, could also be answered if they bothered to read the RTA governing their state, but you don't seem to attack them.

What a bunch, we have here on SS.

If you don't know the answer to someone's question, either move on to another thread, post you don't know, or simply shut up.

Tone,
If you have a reasonable suspicion ...you may consider reporting this to the police.

Last edited:
mate, your covered for fire or arson....as long as you dont have anything to do with it, quite obvious...its considered fraud by financial deception...then yr not covered....however if you have a suspicion, as suggested...notify the police...u need to cover your A rse

if there is any suspicion about the fire...you will not get paid out for quite sometime which can be up to a year...

Reporting it to the police won't prevent it from happening.

The police cannot stand guard 24/7.

An attempt is going to happen regardless if reported to the police or not.

Reporting it to the police won't prevent it from happening.

The police cannot stand guard 24/7.

An attempt is going to happen regardless if reported to the police or not.

The suggestion of reporting it to cover your but is a good one, it will provide evidence of a police report should you need to make an insurance claim later. Which relates to your original post. It's not to provide you with a security service, install CCTV if your that worried!

I would think if Tone goes to the Police and says someone is going to burn my house they can do very little but if it then happens the Insurance company would be Extra suspicious.

If you have had threats in writing or on a phone text etc then take them to the police, if it is spoken words with no witnesses then better to say nothing IMO

Back