Insurer keeping refunds from registration and insurance for written off vehicles?

OK You buy a new car and write it off leaving the dealership. (Charter boat! What charter boat?) do you HONESTLY believe you are entitled to a 364 day refund? Get real.

If it was the other guys fault, YES!

Dream on. Insurance aren't about spending billions suing each other to save YOU a dollar. If you think you have a case sue him. It has nothing to do with your insurance company. Doubt Slater and Gordon would take up your case.

BTW You insure your vehicle against damage Even if it is your own negligence. Next thing you'll be wanting a full refund if you don't make a claim. :D

If it was the other guys fault, YES!

if it's the other guy's fault you can ask him to reimburse you.

i'm not quite sure what you are referring to, rego or premium, as different people seem to talk about different thing here.

if it's premium, you paid for the whole year's service, meaning that if at any time within a year you have an accident - you will be covered.

otherwise it would be fair for insurance company to reimburse you last months payment and say thank you, but you weren't covered.

if you talking about rego, you either get it refunded as part of your payout, or you get it from the transport dept.

double dipping wouldn't be fair either.

I didn't know I had a beef!

I may be wrong but it seems that someone wrote off your Merc a month after you bought 12 months insurance and nobody has refunded you for the "unused" portion and you're pissed.

Isn't that a "beef"?

My interpretation is that making a "write-off" claim means there is NO unused portion of your insurance.

You ALWAYS had the option of claiming direct against his insurance co and not involving your own and THEN canceling your policy but that has it's risks.

I may be wrong but it seems that someone wrote off your Merc a month after you bought 12 months insurance and nobody has refunded you for the "unused" portion and you're pissed.

Isn't that a "beef"?

My interpretation is that making a "write-off" claim means there is NO unused portion of your insurance.

You ALWAYS had the option of claiming direct against his insurance co and not involving your own and THEN canceling your policy but that has it's risks.

I didn't say I was pissed. It just seems unfair. The other driver was in a Hertz hire car. Should I ask Hertz or the driver for a refund? Do you think he would say, yes, sure I'll write you a cheque now. Maybe I'll ask strannik to ask him.

Maybe a free upgrade as well using my Quantas card.

no need to be sarcastic, if someone ran into you using Hertz's car, Hertz is liable to pay you

of course you'd probably have to waste lots of time to get them to do it.

hence why you paid 2000 for your insurance company to just give you the car and let them deal with Hertz

Back