Interview Property Managers what questions to ask

Hi going to Muswellbrook tomorrow to talk to all the property managers in the area to see what the feedback of renting a furnished house in the area is.

Any suggestions of what questions I should ask to have a pro active property manager working for us.

I actually have been putting ads in the local paper myself over the last 2 weeks and I have someone interested at $500 per week , but I would like to have it managed by a good property manager.

Thanks Lorraine

Hi going to Muswellbrook tomorrow to talk to all the property managers in the area to see what the feedback of renting a furnished house in the area is.

Any suggestions of what questions I should ask to have a pro active property manager working for us.

I actually have been putting ads in the local paper myself over the last 2 weeks and I have someone interested at $500 per week , but I would like to have it managed by a good property manager.

Thanks Lorraine

Why don't you offer the tenant a reduced rent for 6 months payment in full?You may not be able to require it, but it can be an incentive.

Thanks for the Help

Hey thanks went to that website you added Propertunity
I am now ready got the questions i needed
Just want to get a good result tommorow
Thanks
Lorraine

How many staff do they have and how long has each been with the company?
Staff with limited experience will stuff up no mater how good the owner is

Initially I asked around, all kinds of folk, investors, renters, rah rah...we've been fortunate to have an excellent team. But down the road a little, now in investing, I'm happy with just ringing someone up, meeting them, going with my own choices in life. But I never have my partner or the PM's together in a room with me in discussions, they GANG up on me!!!! :):D

I like to trial and error stuff, rather comfortable with all our regional area PM's. Investing and business has been rather forgiving of our lack of knowledge/experience in some areas.

Hi, I'll tell you from experience from someone looking for a rental in muswellbrook that some of the property managers are not very pro active. My husband works in a mine( long hours ) was looking for a new rental, after contacting some of the PM's it seemed all to difficult for them to arrange a suitable time to view these property's Most of them said they didn't do viewings on saturdays, and the last one that he was going to view at 3.30pm on a friday they rang to change the time because they didn't have a car to get there. As we also own rental properties i find this service very bad and would hate to be have any of the PM's I spoke with in Musswellbrook look after my property. People who work to make money to pay your rent are usually at work at 11am on a tues. having said that I am looking for a rental property to live in in another area and there are alot of veiwings on a saturday. Maybe ring some of the PM's and act like you are a tenant and see what response you get.

A RE may have one, two or six PMs. So it's important to interview the PM who is going to look after your IPs. I terminated contract with a RE recently because previous PM got promotion and she is no longer to manage my IP. The new PM is very inexperienced and has no knowledge of common sense. She basically works for the tenants instead of LLs who pay management fees.

Back