Investar Search Tool - Group membership?

I recently signed up for the trial - I am not sure it is worth the cost, it seems to be the same information you can easily access elsewhere on the web for free.

I suggest anyone looking at parting with their dollars sign up for the trial first !

Just signed up to the free trial. Let's see how this goes. I like it so far but can't see why it's worth $250/month. I like it so far but would probably wanna split it with like 4 people at this price..

Hi there,

The corporate memberships are for companies in the real estate industry. You need to be a verified company and there are a number of checks and balances.

It is not designed for group membership. There are strict licensing agreements in place with the various data providers. Fraudulent memberships are actively investigated.

Given the products are now providing a free no obligation 21 day trial, you can log in and evaluate yourself. Pricing has also dropped. Whilst $249 per month is the casual month to month option, if you plan to invest long term, you can access the tools for as little as $49 per month on a 2 year plan (Portfolio Manager - for those with an existing portfolio), or $99 for the Search and Valuation tools on top of that with Portfolio Builder. Both plans also includes Xero for free, setup and integrated with Portfolio Tracker. So you can track and manage your investments.

Before a vested interest, I looked at my portfolio and decided that spending what is today $1,200 per annum on the tools was quite small, when compared to the money I could save by not overpaying on my next purchase, not getting growth on that purchase, not spending time searching for property on multiple portals and possibly even missing out on deals. But each to their own.

Hope this helps.

**Disclaimer: Have been a subscriber for a number of years. May or may not have a vested interest today.

Agree with Chasing Sugar above, the 2yr portfolio builder is the best value for most investors. You really need to commit for a while to get used to the tools and get the most out of them anyway, its like any software it takes time to learn. Either you choose the free tools, like the ones people have mentioned in other threads (or the free list in my sig) or paid tools. Free ones are good enough for some, not others. Paid ones are much better, but they cost. Pretty simple.

I started out with free tools, plus some paid sales histories (back when 1 suburb sales history cost $110! But I used it, I printed it out and drove down the streets looking at the sales listed, and bought my place with that research - was it worth it at the time? YES. Now 1 12 month sales report for over 100 bucks seems like a rip of, and with technology it is.

It boils down to your priorities and perception of value. If you measure it against a property transaction you can always justify it but are you actually going to take the time to use it and get value by applying what you learn to a few deals? If not, probably don't bother.

Back