Investing and Spirituality

P.S. I am finding it more and more true as I get older Kenneth, that you must feel you have Life/God behind you on an investment. If you do, then you'll move mountains. You seem to have a resilient nature Kenneth, one that I think could move mountains too, if you felt the support of your God.

Dear theFirstBruce,

1. As the Lord leads and His Holy Spirit reveals, I learn to wait patiently upon His Guidance and learn to walk humbly in His ways, putting in practice what I have learnt from Him, into my everyday life, as He has enabled me too, in my own property investing journey to date.

2. To me, the wealth creation process through the property investing has been very much like the process of physically farming a land crop, there is always a time to work, time to wait, time to harvest, time to celebrate and honour God but in all our doing/actions, waiting, harvesting and celebrations, we must always remember God and His Wonderful Grace and take time to commune with Him on a daily basis.

3. Beside our own human labour to till and add fertilisers to the ground, there is always the Sun and the rain that will cause the crops to grow and prosper the land by itself while we wait for the right time to harvest it in due course.

4. Unless we acknowledge God and the intrinsic roles played by Mother Earth in our own farming and nurturing process, it is unlikely that the planted crops will prosper and be ready for harvesting in due time.

5. Thus, it is not the wealth per se that I am actually pursuing through property investing but a spiritual journey of caring and sharing myself and God's Love with my fellow Mankind, through this property investing and trying to learn how to harness the newly found wealth to do God's works and to give them away meaningfully as God will want it too, so as to help make this world a better world for all to live in.

6. I think this is also what you are also trying to achieve through your other ways of wealth creation. Commit them to the Lord in prayer and as long as He is with you, I am sure He will cause your projects to prosper too in due course.

7. Thank you.

God Bless,
Kenneth KOH

Thomas Stanley - Millionaire mind

I am listening to this at the moment on tape.

I find it interesting to note that many of the millionaires that he interviews have a strong religious faith and use prayer & seeking guidance to help them
be courageous and allay their fears.

Interesting.

I'd agree that if you want to do something big, that is ground or rule breaking, then you need more than ordinary determination and drive from deep within....the sort of drive that is impossible when one's conscience is split.

“As human beings,
we need some of the greens,
that’s why god created money.” :p

Ok seriously, for me, as your spiritual understanding grows, the more happy and abundant you become. Having more supply of money, without making it something to lie or cheat for, and without any negativity about having it. Ie, without making it something you worship.
Guilt and concepts of sin attached to money is unnecessary. Money is just paper and metal coins, and we attach value to it. We do not say paper is evil or metal is evil, therefore those who say money is evil (sin) is not condemning the object, but their own subjective concepts of money.

Yet if you have lots of money without spirituality, you can feel really empty inside.

rodimus said:
“As human beings,
we need some of the greens,
that’s why god created money.” :p

Ok seriously, for me, as your spiritual understanding grows, the more happy and abundant you become. Having more supply of money, without making it something to lie or cheat for, and without any negativity about having it. Ie, without making it something you worship.
Guilt and concepts of sin attached to money is unnecessary. Money is just paper and metal coins, and we attach value to it. We do not say paper is evil or metal is evil, therefore those who say money is evil (sin) is not condemning the object, but their own subjective concepts of money.

Yet if you have lots of money without spirituality, you can feel really empty inside.
Dear Rodimus,

1. While in general, I agree with what you have posted to a large extent, I also wish to specifically point out for accuracy sake, that in the Bible, it is written that it is the LOVE for MONIES is the root of all evils (and not MONIES per se alone which you have correctly pointed out too in your post) .

2. To me, this clarification is important and I wish to further emphasise it here because I know that to some Christians, (including myself previously), we sometime "mis-read" the Bible and have wrongly presumed and generalise that " it is MONEY (per se) that is the root of all evils" and therefore "monies is bad", thereby developing a wrong Biblical concept of "Monies". Consequently, as you have ocrrectly pointed out, I did some time felt "guilty" in the past about having monies as a child as I came from a middle class family background,.

3. As I grow up in my own Christian faith and search the Bible myself and re-learn this truth about "Monies", I came to realise for myself that actually God wants Christians to prosper and to be rich and wealthy on their earthly lives, both spiritually and materially ( just as he has prospered Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Job and the Israelites when they are obedient unto Him in the past). Hoever, the materially rich Christians will have to continually bear in mind that their given material wealth actually belongs to God Himself and that they are mere stewards of God's monies, and to manage the givden monies undeer their stewardship wisely, to carry out God's works and do good deeds on this earth. The moments we forget that, and try to selfishly assume/exert our own human control of our own material wealth and allow our love for Monies to supercede our own love for God or/and use/hoard the given monies selfishly, we would have sinned against God, as it is written in the Bible. And soon we will start to realise that the given MONIES will start to leave us, by itself eventually.

4. On the other hand, it is interesting to observe that when the MONIES is properly managed and put into correct use to do good deeds and to serve others and make this world a better place to live for all, the entrusted MONIES will (inevitably) soon multiply itself and return manifolds to its rightful owners who have exercised good stewardship over it.

5. Having said this, however I am not saying that therefore all Christians should start to accumulate monies during their earthly lives as a form of godliness. Each of us has our own specific calling in life and not all of us are called to create/accumulate wealth for the Lord's sake. Ultimately, what truly counts and counts most to God, is our own attitude towards Him and how we value our own relationship with HIM, irrespective of whether we are materially rich or poor, despite our different social standing status, different races, different languages, different cultures etc.

6. You are definitely right that when a person have monies without spirituality, they do sometimes feel a big emptiness in their lives and that the richer they get, the more empty they find their own earthly lives to be until such times that they beign to realise their true life destiny and learn to share/give away part of wealth to do charity works or/and find new joys in sharing their wealth with the poor and the rest of the world, and subsequently to re-discover the true meaning of life for themselves. Others find that due to their increasingly emptiness in their own earthly lives as they get richer materially, they start to abandon/ignore/neglect their material wealth and start to search for the true meaning of life for themselves. Eventually, some of the these previously rich people, some time give away their wealth completely and begin to discover new happiness for themselves being an average "joe", being truly contented with their simple lives, embarking/pursueing their own spiritual journey, for they have discovered the new and true meaning in their own lives, having found the new un-describable joys which they have not experienced previously.

7. Such is a mystery of life... and the "elusiviness" of wealth as some people would have eventually discovered for themsevles.... some with new found joys for their new meaning in life, others with much life regrets for themselves, spending most of their earthly time chasing after the elusive wealth and its illusion of being rich in life, working very hard and spending their entire life-time accumulating the MONIE but only to see it taken away/lose it during their old age.

8. Thus, I believe, to each our own, and depending of our own life calling, we will eventually DO what we are called to do in life if we are to attain true happiness during our earthly days.

9. For your kind update, please.

10. Thank you.

regards,
Kenneth KOH.

Last edited:
Dear Thread
I don't think I can come around anymore. I am leaving my key under the mat at the front door. Switch out the lights when you are done.

wish-ga

The best way to keep a thread going is by putting in comments such as you have Wish-ga, Rixter & Skater.

If you want a thread to die don't reply to it. You will only create more debate and as you can see if you have followed this thread is that there has been more then enough debate on the issue and comments such as the ones you continue to put in have already been dealt with.

Stop reading the thread. You know what the subject/content is. If you are not interested, don't look. I happen to be interested and wish to read the comments people have.

BR

Bantam Roosta said:
The best way to keep a thread going is by putting in comments such as you have Wish-ga, Rixter & Skater.

If you want a thread to die don't reply to it.

BR

No its not! :eek: :rolleyes:

Kennethkohsg said:
Dear Rodimus,

1. While in general, I agree with what you have posted to a large extent, I also wish to specifically point out for accuracy sake, that in the Bible, it is written that it is the LOVE for MONIES is the root of all evils (and not MONIES per se alone which you have correctly pointed out too in your post) .

2. To me, this clarification is important and I wish to further emphasise it here because I know that to some Christians, (including myself previously), we sometime "mis-read" the Bible and have wrongly presumed and generalise that " it is MONEY (per se) that is the root of all evils" and therefore "monies is bad", thereby developing a wrong Biblical concept of "Monies". Consequently, as you have ocrrectly pointed out, I did some time felt "guilty" in the past about having monies as a child as I came from a middle class family background,.

3. As I grow up in my own Christian faith and search the Bible myself and re-learn this truth about "Monies", I came to realise for myself that actually God wants Christians to prosper and to be rich and wealthy on their earthly lives, both spiritually and materially ( just as he has prospered Abraham, Jacob, Joseph, Job and the Israelites when they are obedient unto Him in the past). Hoever, the materially rich Christians will have to continually bear in mind that their given material wealth actually belongs to God Himself and that they are mere stewards of God's monies, and to manage the givden monies undeer their stewardship wisely, to carry out God's works and do good deeds on this earth. The moments we forget that, and try to selfishly assume/exert our own human control of our own material wealth and allow our love for Monies to supercede our own love for God or/and use/hoard the given monies selfishly, we would have sinned against God, as it is written in the Bible. And soon we will start to realise that the given MONIES will start to leave us, by itself eventually.

4. On the other hand, it is interesting to observe that when the MONIES is properly managed and put into correct use to do good deeds and to serve others and make this world a better place to live for all, the entrusted MONIES will (inevitably) soon multiply itself and return manifolds to its rightful owners who have exercised good stewardship over it.

5. Having said this, however I am not saying that therefore all Christians should start to accumulate monies during their earthly lives as a form of godliness. Each of us has our own specific calling in life and not all of us are called to create/accumulate wealth for the Lord's sake. Ultimately, what truly counts and counts most to God, is our own attitude towards Him and how we value our own relationship with HIM, irrespective of whether we are materially rich or poor, despite our different social standing status, different races, different languages, different cultures etc.

6. You are definitely right that when a person have monies without spirituality, they do sometimes feel a big emptiness in their lives and that the richer they get, the more empty they find their own earthly lives to be until such times that they beign to realise their true life destiny and learn to share/give away part of wealth to do charity works or/and find new joys in sharing their wealth with the poor and the rest of the world, and subsequently to re-discover the true meaning of life for themselves. Others find that due to their increasingly emptiness in their own earthly lives as they get richer materially, they start to abandon/ignore/neglect their material wealth and start to search for the true meaning of life for themselves. Eventually, some of the these previously rich people, some time give away their wealth completely and begin to discover new happiness for themselves being an average "joe", being truly contented with their simple lives, embarking/pursueing their own spiritual journey, for they have discovered the new and true meaning in their own lives, having found the new un-describable joys which they have not experienced previously.

7. Such is a mystery of life... and the "elusiviness" of wealth as some people would have eventually discovered for themsevles.... some with new found joys for their new meaning in life, others with much life regrets for themselves, spending most of their earthly time chasing after the elusive wealth and its illusion of being rich in life, working very hard and spending their entire life-time accumulating the MONIE but only to see it taken away/lose it during their old age.

8. Thus, I believe, to each our own, and depending of our own life calling, we will eventually DO what we are called to do in life if we are to attain true happiness during our earthly days.

9. For your kind update, please.

10. Thank you.

regards,
Kenneth KOH.

I guess this is the bible according to Benny Hinn!. :D
Somehow I don`t think a true christian would care too much about material possessions.
Why would you spend one cent on "lavish anything" when it can go toward helping someone in need.

I`m not buying that one!. :rolleyes:

markpatric said:
Somehow I don`t think a true christian would care too much about material possessions.
Why would you spend one cent on "lavish anything" when it can go toward helping someone in need
Dear Markpatric,

1. What is your own understanding as to the proper Christian views with respect to the subject on "monies/wealth" then? And How does it relates to your own property investing then?

2. I would be further interested to know the kind of issues that you are having against Benny Hinn himself or/and his Christian Ministries or/and for that matter his preaching of the Christian Gospel? Are you suggesting that he is not a "true Christain" too?

3. To me, it is OK for you to disagree with my own personal views of Christianity as we all learn and grow at different pace and at different faith levels and as we all constitute to different parts to the Body of Christ and His Church Universal...HOWEVER, I think that it is quite a different thing for one to think this is how GOD can and should work and no other way!... and to start to introduce term such as "true Christianity"...Isn't that the very kind of attitude and thinking for some of "suicidal" terrorists too':-"that only my (version of the) Islam religion is true and count mosts " and that no other religions (and other versions of Islam) else matters!

4. By what you have posted, do you not think that in a certain way, you would also be LIMITING our GOD in how HE operates in our earthly lives as you would want to believe what is and what is not, that actually constitutes, "True Christianity" yourself?

5. I look forward to learning from you, please.

6. Thank you.

regards,
Kenneth KOH

Last edited:
Mark Laszczuk said:
Kenny! Mate! Good to see you back. Where have you been hiding?

Mark
Dear Mark,

1. All these while, I was actually in Australia, busy overseeing my own house construction in Perth, relocating my things/"office" from Scarborough Beach rented premises down to my Rockingham house, travelling around with my eldest daughter receeing/visiting some of the Australian colleges in Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra for her college education in 2006 as well as travelling around together with my whole family Melbourne-Cairns- Perth for a family holiday.

2. Frankly speaking, I am only recently back to Singapore since 17th Jan 2006 and will soon be flying out to Perth again on 2nd Feb 2006, to help settle my daughter down at Murdoch College and her homestay in Perth, as well as to oversee the settlement for another piece of vacant land purchase at Lot 2012, Anchorage Estate.

3. It is only when I'm back in Singapore whereby I have my own home PC and broadband service connnection where I can afford the much time required to quietly read and to contribute my own inputs to this forum, being slow in gathering my own thoughts together and to type them out onto the PC, when making my own contributions to the forum.

4. No, I am not "hiding" around... I'm busy/SAFELY travelling around in Australia and in Singapore openly.... and I am glad that the Australian Police has managed to arrest some of its own potential terrorists suspects so as to reduce the risks of seeing similar (suicidal) bombing incidents from being conducted on its own homeland grounds. Hopefully, Australians can also better learn from the Cronulla racial riots incident, to practise more social tolerance and to become a better multi-racial, multi-religious, multi-cultural nation as well as not to take their own freedom (of speech and self-exprerssion) for granted but to exercise it with due diligence and in a highly responsible manner.

5. Thank you.

Cheers,
Kenneth KOH

Kennethkohsg said:
Dear Markpatric,

1. What is your own understanding as to the proper Christian views with respect to the subject on "monies/wealth" then? And How does it relates to your own property investing then?

2. I would be further interested to know the kind of issues that you are having against Benny Hinn himself or/and his Christian Ministries or/and for that matter his preaching of the Christian Gospel? Are you suggesting that he is not a "true Christain" too?

3. To me, it is OK for you to disagree with my own personal views of Christianity as we all learn and grow at different pace and at different faith levels and as we all constitute to different parts to the Body of Christ and His Church Universal...HOWEVER, I think that it is quite a different thing for one to think this is how GOD can and should work and no other way!... and to start to introduce term such as "true Christianity"...Isn't that the very kind of attitude and thinking for some of "suicidal" terrorists too':-"that only my (version of the) Islam religion is true and count mosts " and that no other religions (and other versions of Islam) else matters!

4. By what you have posted, do you not think that in a certain way, you would also be LIMITING our GOD in how HE operates in our earthly lives as you would want to believe what is and what is not, that actually constitutes, "True Christianity" yourself?

5. I look forward to learning from you, please.

6. Thank you.

regards,
Kenneth KOH

Kenneth everyone knows where they are on the road to home, to a great place or whatever you want to call it, some care some don`t and while it is true that you must help yourself before you can help others, the fact that we continue to question our commitment is a good sign imo. ;)
Therefore it doesn`t matter what I say in jest or otherwise about Benny Hinn or others with a similar beliefs but it matters only really what they think about that ultimately.

Having said that we really need to judge others in order to guide the way to our own path, but I guess maybe we should keep it to ourselves, unless we want to point out issues which I suppose we think might help others.

monoply said:
If your a Christian, you pray about everything you do in life, and that definitely includes investments.

yes that's right.

We know a couple who don't budget at all but managed to come up with $50k for a house deposit only after working for just 2 years. They always give 10% income for tidings and, in addition, supported their pastor financially for 6 mths last year. They have callings to bless friends, people from church, guest speakers, donations. They have even given their last cent to tidings and had no money left for food.

I don't know how true it is...but they say they don't know where all the money in their bank come from. The girl is an accountant and she said that they have spent more than they earn yet they managed to come up with $50k cash deposit on the day of settlement. They were also blessed with a late model BMW.

They are all our best friends so we know everything they have been through. It's very inspiring to know that you can put your faith in the lord, bless others and know that god will look out for you. With my husband and I, we are not blessed often but when God bless us, I noticed that he does it abundantly.

"but they say they don't know where all the money in their bank come from. "
If they spend more than they earn and still have money in the bank then probably they are spending someone else's money due to mistakes made by the bank ?? Certainly that would be my first thought if I was in that situation, not "the Lord is rewarding me coz I have been good"

imho if we do good deeds expecting good things should come to us as a return then they are business/investment transactions not really good deeds.......

Back