Investing in Brisbane

Originally posted by phm
I have just purchased the Money Magazine, Best of the best 2003 and it has a section on the best growth suburbs (10yrs) for each state. Great reading!!

Residex has this information as well.

Jas

Just thought I would throw in another couple of suburbs for you. I am a northside agent, however it is nigh impossible to buy in our area now unless you are after a unit.

I would suggest considering Deagon, Brighton, Bracken Ridge, Bald Hills and as others have suggested Strathpine area. These suburbs are closer in to the city, have good facilities and could provide an excellent opportunity, if you can find one.

Good Luck

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Originally posted by phm
Hi there.

I have just purchased the Money Magazine, Best of the best 2003 and it has a section on the best growth suburbs (10yrs) for each state. Great reading!!

As an Adelaideian what did they say for Adelaide ?????????

Ta,
Andrew.

What does anyone from Brissy (or anywhere for that matter) think of Mt Gravatt East?? Is it a suburb worth putting a few idle thousands into!!

The Fester

Fester, check a search on Logan

Mt Gravatt iis within the Logan shire and these posts could be applied to Mt Gravatt.

I dont know the Brissy market at all (from an investing POV) but I do know there has been a $hitload of new development in Mt Gravatt (manily dense areas of new project homes)

The motorway into the city also provides convient axs to the city

Actually, I'm pretty sure Mt Gravatt is in Brisbane. Logan City starts at Rochedale / Rochedale Sth. Eight Mile Plains and north is Brisbane.

Isnt Mt Gravatt just north of woodridge/slacks crk and logan ?

/me goes to check

Edit : no scale on the map I looked at but it seems Mt Gravatt is in the southern edge of Brissy and not part of Logan as I first thought - see told you I was no expert :)

Brissy ppl - what area does Mt Gravatt get catagorised into ?

No Worries. Maps are pretty misleading I find (being a female and all). To put it in perspective - Mt Gravatt is classed as Brisbane South and is about 15 mins drive from Brisbane City on the freeway (peak hour). Springwood (Logan) is about 30 mins peak hour.

I don't know much about Mt Gravatt East from an investing POV though as I am only new and concentrating on Logan which is all I can afford at the moment :(

Hi Andrew G

Regarding your question about Adelaide. I'll try to scan the page from the Money Magazine for you.

Thanks everyone else for your help.

G'day all,

Ask Asy, after all Asy is in the real estate game.South of Brisbane
location as well.
Her website is there at the end of her postings.
I looked at her listings myself the other day to see what's going.

Bruce G.

just spend ages typing a reply and lost it due to connection timeout.... been away for a couple of days and won't be back for a couple more.
Suffice to say I wish I had been around since the thread inception to question all the recent Brissy misinformation.
If I get time I will revisit and recomment, but its late and i'm not doing it now.
..... sigh....... it was an involved post...... :-(
craig

Back