Investment goals for 2011

Hi all,

As we all know it is good to put your goals down on paper and come back to look at them as often as possible. So I thought I would start here and invite others to do the same.

My 2011 investment goal is simple - earn $1m in 2011.

This is a big step for me, but I think I can do it. It will be a combination of my and my partners work income, my development in Bendigo, and other things.

Based on what is currently in-motion we have 65% of that in-plan (but still have to execute). We have planned a new business which should cover another 5-10% in its first year, so I am still searching for the remaining 25-30% opportunity(ies).

It is going to be a big year, and will hopefully set a floor to out-perform in future years.

So stop reading and let me know what you are planning for 2011!

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

Goodluck with it mate.

Sure is possible.

Mine is to acquire 12 x properties in Aus. mainly $200,000 style homes in suburbia.

8 in the US just for kicks - not a must goal, but plan on it.

Boost rents by 10% or approx $50k pa.

Grow net worth by $2,500,000.

Build a PPOR.

Do my first development site (not by choice, just because it was viable).

Have book on shelves by 18/5/2011.

I will check back in 2012 and set myself accountable for these results.

Hi guys,

Recently bought my first place, woohoo! :D

Looking at getting IP1 in 2011 as loads of cash left over to fund...

Not going to target $$$ but 1m would be nice.

Just have to work on the banks to lend me more :)

Great idea for a post!

Mine's a litte more modest than our seasoned investors above...:p

Settle on IP5, see how the financial dust settles, purchase IP6 (if the bank doesnt laugh at us).

Oh, and somehow buy a boat with bugger all equity...:D

Hi Ben,

We have the same goal.
Increase net wealth by 1 mil from partners and my income, business and property development.
Everything seems like it will go to plan for now.
Since we started seriously 5 or 6 years ago, income has continually grown year on year by approx 50% every year.
Of course this can't go on forever, but it's getting to a nice level now without having burnt out.
A few more years of the hard yards then may take a break for a while.

Would love to reach Nathan's level, but may be a few years away from that yet, probably not as driven right now with a new family at the moment.

Good luck to all.

Build ip4 on the back off ip3
release expected 40% profit and go again in another state

and if there is a hickup next year be it property growth or personal situation. I'm not to let it effect my visions or end goal of where I want to be in 20 years.

Yep great idea! $1m in income would be great but that's not gonna happen this year. Aiming to get 1 (at a stretch 2) more IP's purchased and locked down. Value btwn 350-450k each.

4 more cashflow neutral/positive ip's. more if i see something worth buying.

start consumer trading with new business (still in startup).

- Launch and grow my entrepreneurial business (in fact we're launching today - have been working on it all year). Make first 100 sales by end of year.

- Completely replace my consulting income with income from the entrepreneurial business.

- Increase the IP portfolio to $1m. This means buying 1-2 more bargain IPs from motivated vendors that are essentially CF neutral or very close to it. That will keep my borrowing capacity busy for a while which is when I will turn back to my business and focus on that completely. The aim is much more CF from the business so that I can do much more with property in 2012.

- Increase fitness again and hit the weights!

I will be holding myself accountable to these goals.

Good luck everyone and have a great, healthy and prosperous 2011!!!

Last edited:
Back