Investment in Caboolture (Brisbane)

Hi I have 7 houses and 1 duplex, they are all in various parts of Caboolture. I have been investing here since 2000 and lived in the shire since 1992.
There are many different areas within the Caboolture region, some are worse than others. Most of my investments are in the part considered the worst of the worst.
In fourteen years of investing in the "slums" of Cabbo we have only had 2 houses really badly trashed. Returns are looking good and many of ours are now going positive cashflow.
Values dropped badly in the GFC, some up to 40%. They have still not recovered fully yet although there has been some growth in the last 12 months.
There seems to be a big bias in the forum against Caboolture, but it has been good to us. Happy to chat about areas, if you want pm me.

HI Bellz, yes 5 houses and the duplex are in Cabbo sth (Waytown) and we had 2 others that we have sold as they weren't in the res B section.
I think as long as you have insurance, understand that demographic and are happy to maintain older houses then it isn't a problem.6/7 tenancies that we have in there are either fully or partially welfare dependent. None of them are behind in rent.
For an out of towner though I would suggest other areas might be easier.

Back