IP in Campsie/Belmore/Wileypark

Hi All,

Anyone has IP in those areas? What are the good streets and bad streets? i know they are in lower socio economic areas...just want to know their IP potential in terms of rental yield?.Any suggestions will be welcome...thanks

What research have you done yourself? Have you looked at places for sale and rent in those areas and estimated rental yield? Without your own research and knowledge, how would you evaluate the suggestions you're looking for?

Hi Alex,

i am newbie to property invesment. i am looking for 2br unit range around $240-260 K ..i have done some research in that area median rent around $290-$300 pw...since i dont live there..just need to know what are the good streets and bad streets?

i am newbie to property invesment. i am looking for 2br unit range around $240-260 K ..?

If your budget is this low then forget Belmore and Campsie
Your options at this price range are Lakemba, Wiley Park, Roselands, Punchbowl and then Liverpool and/or further out

I own in Campsie...it is now becoming part of the inner west....don't know whether it is lower socio now. I rent my 2 brm unit for $305...still under rented by about $10-15...have had the same tenant for 8 years.

Cheers
Sash

Hi All,

Anyone has IP in those areas? What are the good streets and bad streets? i know they are in lower socio economic areas...just want to know their IP potential in terms of rental yield?.Any suggestions will be welcome...thanks

Campsie has really become part of the "inner west" in the eyes of many. Dont you dare tell buyers there they are part of Bankstown! :p There are still bargains to be found but the newer stuff seems to pull good money now.

Hi Gora,

I have an 2 bedroom unit in Auburn, very similar to this one:-

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-nsw-auburn-404800162

I think the rent asked may be a bit above market. Maybe more like $300/week would be market rent. The unit would probably sell for around $260k.

Maybe you could look at something like this:-

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-nsw-auburn-106861221

Asking $259K, might get it for $250k. Would probably rent for $290-$300/week

Cheapies are being snapped up at the moment.

This one did not last long-asking 219K rental est. $260/week

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-nsw-auburn-106780378

I too have been recently eyeing Campsie especially.

I noticed that no one has really written on this thread in about 18 months or so.

Has anyone recently bought/invested in the Campsie area? Keen to hear of what yields are like.

And I'm especially keen to hear of thoughts around how the surrounding eastern suburbs to here (Canterbury, Hurlstone Park, Earlwood) have really come up in terms of values/capital growth in the last two years.

With all it's transport links, could Campsie be a hidden gem?
I think this sometimes, but then I see how oversupplied this suburb is on Realestate.com.au/Domain, and get scared off again. Thoughts? :confused:

Back