IP in Richmond Hill, Melbourne

Hi all,

I am new to the forum, recently I bought an IP apartment in Richmond Hill. I know it is good spot, but that is all I know, I appreciate any ideas about pros and cons, thanks in advance.

Pros

Excellent public transport

Walking distance to CBD (can walk to work, concerts etc)

Full shopping centre including banks and cafes at your doorstep

Easy access to South Yarra / Chapel St

Vibrant 7 days a week

Cons

Street car parking (costly and non existant)

The public (especially football goers) stealing your carpark

Not much in the way of facilities for children as in large parks etc.

I remember Henry Kaye flogging off 400 or so apartments in Richmond Hill many years ago (I was there at one of his follow up meetings)

does anybody know exactly what happened to them, it was supposed to be like 3 massive buildings all leading right down to the river, so it was prime locaton!

They're probably the units that are a few years old in River Road. Far from Richmond Hill and in the middle of nowhere at the back of an industrial estate. Could also be the few big blocks on Church St near the Bridge. Also away from Richmond Hill but those ones are in a good location. Or they never got enough pre-sales to get them built.

Hi all,

I am new to the forum, recently I bought an IP apartment in Richmond Hill. I know it is good spot, but that is all I know, I appreciate any ideas about pros and cons, thanks in advance.

nileiqi, where did you buy if you don't mind sharing.

Richmomd Hill is a great spot IMO but then again I have always liked inner east Melb suburbs. Bridge Road is brilliant, close to Swan/Church Streets, Victoria Street if you like Vietnamese restaurants. Epworth Hospital is very close. You never know when you might need it ;) Kingston Hotel on Highett Street is great little pub. Good shopping along Bridge Rd if that's your thing.

GoAnna probably mentioned the other main pro's/cons. Except the football thing would be a pro for me :) Go Pies . The other con (?) maybe, is the very large housing commission close by on Lennox Street.

The only new IP's that I have seen close by were the Quest apartments (Lennox Street) for sale, unless they refurbished an older block of flats. Of course you may not have bought new property. There are some others on the south side of Bridge Rd, that are post WWII built red brick flats as well.

I think Richmond Hill is a great area for investment. It has gentrified in recent years but will still grow in popularity. Will become even more trendier and desirable over the next decade. Will always be popular with renters as it's very close to CBD, has a fashion strip, a restaurant and cafe strip, and is close to the G.

been to melb recently, i love south yarra its damn nice location and i was playing counting the bmw ferrari mercs for fun haha

Back