IP Marketers & Educators - Newsletter

"Its a free country, throw 15K away if you want"

Reply: 2.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.2.2.1

CODE OF STANDARDS & ETHICS

The Code of Standards and Ethics of the Consumer Protection Association of America provides an agreement between the business and the consumer on which to base their joint expectations regarding any transaction in which they may engage. This Code is based on the belief that every transaction between a business and its customer establishes a relationship based on mutual trust and the extension of goodwill by each party to the other.

For their part, Business Members of CPA recognize their responsibility:

To be truthful in all of their representations regarding the products and services they offer and to comply with all federal, state or local regulations which apply to their business operations;

To be prepared to fulfill any and all representations made whether in writing through their advertising or other written materials or made verbally to the consumer by their sales representatives or other employees;

And, to work within the guidelines and under the auspices of CPA to provide a means by which consumer complaints are resolved in a timely manner.

For their part, Consumer Members of CPA recognize their responsibility:

To be fully informed regarding the product or service they are purchasing, including any special requirements or limitations inherent therein;

To engage in a purchase of a product or service only when they are satisfied that the product or service meets their requirements and they are prepared to fulfill all terms and conditions of the agreement;

And, to work within the guidelines and under the auspices of CPA in approaching the business with any concerns or questions regarding the fulfillment of the sales transaction or product warranty.

Both, Business Members of CPA and Consumer Members of CPA agree:

That their relationship is based on mutual trust and full disclosure by all parties;

To work together diligently to resolve any differences of understanding arising in their business relationship;

And, in the event that an impasse is reached, to work within the guidelines and under the sole auspices of CPA to resolve those differences and/or to accept the findings of the CPA appointed arbitrator as final and binding to all parties

.........................................................................................

Mike: Let me highlight the belief that this code hinges on:

"This Code is based on the belief that every transaction between a business and its customer establishes a relationship based on mutual trust and the extension of goodwill by each party to the other."

Mike: If you don't agree that business dealings require mutual trust etc then I presume as a business owner you will be out to exploit the uninformed or uneducated customers for maximum profits. Is this acceptable?

As a customer I presume you will be highly suspicious of everyone selling a product or service. You are unlikely to trust any advertising. Would you buy anything? Is this acceptable?

Furthermore:

"For their part, Consumer Members of CPA recognize their responsibility:

To be fully informed regarding the product or service they are purchasing, including any special requirements or limitations inherent therein."

Mike: I am glad to say that the Forum is succeeding in making members more informed. Note I didn't say "totally" informed. Yes, Property Investigator's conclusions may be imperfect but so is the collective wisdom of the Forum. But, by God, we're giving it our best shot to beat the ripoff merchants. Give it your best shot PI. I'm with you 100%.

Now that TW has provided the best disclaimer I've ever seen, people can make up their own mind about what you say. Afterall, as TW suggested, we're going to do whatever we damn well want, no matter what you say.

Regards, Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply: 2.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.2.2.1.1

Wow. I am impressed with the quality of the recent posts. I love the alternative views.

I'm a little too shallow to participate in discussion at that level, but I will say one thing. This idea started cos I wanted to do this for myself more than anything. Then, I thought there may be others that wanted to know as well.

So, I placed the first post and only offered my findings by email, only to those than wanted it. I never had any intention of publicly displaying it, or ramming it down anyones throat.

Interesting fact. As of this morning, there are 2,747 users listed on this forum. Guess how many of these have requested the information?.............

The grand sum of 38 people!!

By my reckonings that's 1.38% of the type of people who are obviously keen about learning more about property investment, making money, learning how to not make mistakes.

If this is the response rate from tuned-in property investors, it's no wonder the scammers have such a large population to prey on.

Property Investigator

Reply: 2.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1

On 3/9/02 9:48:00 AM, Property Investigator wrote:
>
>By my reckonings that's 1.38%
>of the type of people who are
>obviously keen about learning
>more about property
>investment, making money,
>learning how to not make
>mistakes.
>
>If this is the response rate
>from tuned-in property
>investors, it's no wonder the
>scammers have such a large
>population to prey on.

A lot of us "tuned in property investors" learned a long time ago (even before we started investing) that one of the biggest possible mistakes is to make unwarranted assumptions.

Assuming that just because you haven't had more response means that the rest of us are suckers for the scammers to prey on is rather unwarranted don't you think ?

I think you will find that many of us have got to where we are by making our own judgements on who is scamming us and acting in a cautious manner, and performing our due dilligence as required.

I personally am not intending to go out and attend ALL of these seminars and such, so I personally am not particularly interested in what you will find, other than out of passing curiosity. I will do my due dilligence (with or without you) when the time arises and requires that I do so.

Now, if you were to put an advert into an issue of, say, Money magazine... then maybe I would expect a higher response rate. I think the scammer debunking unit working for us here in the forum already works pretty well thankyou !

sim.gif

Last edited:

Reply: 2.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1

What SIm said.

Reply: 2.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1

Hi Property Investor

Following on from Sim's thoughts -

I was curious about your stats and interpretation of them. You said that 1.38% of people responded. ?? When i read your post i was the 420th. So the "interesting facts" are that around 9% of people who read your first post expressed an interest within days.

And this 9% is not "a response rate" it is just the number of people currently asking for e-mail updates. Personally I rarely go to seminars, and prefer to make my own judgements. I have no way of knowing how objective your "survey" will be nor if it has any relevance to me personally. I find that the value of a seminar is largely dependant on my level of understanding at the time as well as my current strategy. If you do not make money from the seminar presenter then it may not be appropriate to blame it on them. You may have lost the cost of the seminar fees but the participant sitting next to you may have made a million dollars applying the same strategies.

How good was the seminar? Was it value for money? Depends on who you ask.

GoAnna !
"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
-Oscar Wilde

Reply: 2.1.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.2.2.1.1.1.1.1.1

Wow...I must be looking at PI's 'work' from a slightly different angle to some of the above.

I think Michael summed it up perfectly when he said that PI's 'findings' would be "....but a part of anothers due diligence".

Seems simple and straight forward to me. He/she is willing to share with us some free information that they find along the way. Will it possibly have some bias or self opinion.....possibly.....but then probably every post on this Forum could fall into that category and yet I try and read and learn from each of these too.

It's easy.....if you don't want it....don't subscribe.

Personally I wish you well 'Caped Crusader'......and if you are willing to share your findings, I for one am more more than happy to read and make my own decisions and further enquiries.

Oh....I don't no if anyone mentioned it....but thanks for taking the time and cost to do this.

:)

Back