IP4- I'm on a roll

This is so exciting. What a buzz. I was worried I wouldn't achieve my goal of 4 IP's this year. Scraped in by a week (by the time it settles). PHEW!!!

People at work think I'm crazy. I asked to get away from work for an hour. Ran out bought the place and came back. I told one friend. She said "I can't believe you bought a house in your lunch hour".:eek::eek:

More details once it settles but it's a villa in Western Sydney. Minimum 7.2% yield.

And I haven't even had time to write about the Reno's on IP3.

I'll do that soon with photos. We are pleased with how it turned out.
Took a bit longer than expected but we did more than we planned (as you do).

Nice work!

congratulations, and you are now in the top 5% of all investors - owning more than 2 properties.

Rare air.

Inadequate (NOT)

* Applauds *

Had to bring this up travelbug, here's a post from a while ago:

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=553492&postcount=63

Well, well, well; haven't the inadequacies been turned around 180 degrees with your great momentum moving forward :D

Well done, and remeber as I mentioned in the post following that one on the Rich Dad thread, you must never allow yourself to feel inadequate. Be better only than you used to be............and you've done that in spades.

Use others as motivation however don't compare yourself to them..........play your own game and run your own race.

Good stuff. I celebrate you. :)

Share with us when you settle and close. Would love to hear the numbers.

Again well done.

Well done travelbug what a year you have had.

I read your post that Player put a link to:)
Sounds like SS needs to start having seminars as it sure gave you one hell of a boost to meet fellow` SS ers :D

cheers
yadreamin

Congrats TB.....you are a star - a monstar! :eek:

Only kidding, well done mate. Hope settlement goes smoothly for you.

Nice work!

congratulations, and you are now in the top 5% of all investors - owning more than 2 properties.

Rare air.

I'm one of them too.

I don't feel THAT much better than the others though, wonder what I'm doing wrong ?

Congrats TB... might be about 3 years before I catch up to that number myself, as Michael said good motivation ! I'm happy I settled on IP # 2 recently and looking forward to traveling the road others have before...

all the best !

I don't feel THAT much better than the others though, wonder what I'm doing wrong ?

You don't need to worry if you aren't doing better than someone else, just be happy for them. Maybe there's something you can learn from them? If they stole it it for example, then they aren't doing better than you are they?

Worry about everyone's happiness more, instead of trying to win some sort of race. By everyone i mean you, family, friends, workmates, etc.

You don't need to worry if you aren't doing better than someone else, just be happy for them. Maybe there's something you can learn from them? If they stole it it for example, then they aren't doing better than you are they?

Worry about everyone's happiness more, instead of trying to win some sort of race. By everyone i mean you, family, friends, workmates, etc.

thanks Vincenzo, though I should have put it differently, never mind it's a bit silly anyway

Also probably top 2% investors with the highest debt level. Works great if properties go up, not so great if you lose jobs and RE market is in trouble. Got to admire your risk taking though. Same people end up in newspapers if market/economy tanks. Win big, or lose big.

Buying is not difficult. Managing the properties/lease and repayments over 10+ years, is where all the hard work goes. If you do it well, and your property doubles in that period, then that is definitely something to congratulate about. I know 2 families who shared about 5 Ips between them, the breed winner recently lost their jobs and had to fire sale their homes. Not a pretty picture.

I know 2 families who shared about 5 Ips between them, the bread winner recently lost their jobs and had to fire sell their homes. Not a pretty picture.

With a little planning they could have kept their investments.

Question we should be asking ourselves:
What happens if I lose my job?
Have I got enough money in the offset account or other savings or to get by until I find another job?
Do I have landlord's insurance in case the tenant trashes the property?
Do I have income protection in case I get sick?
Do I have life insurance in case I suddenly pass away?

Got to admire your risk taking though.

Risk? Sure there's risk. There is risk in just getting up in the morning & taking a shower (you might slip and fall), yet most of us turn up at work nice & clean. There is risk crossing the road, but somehow we all go to work, school, outings etc.

The thing is, you do your best to mitigate that risk. When taking a shower, you would not step into the shower if it was covered in soap. Crossing the road, you look both ways, use traffic lights etc. With IP's then you use insurance, you might fix your interest rates, you use a PM etc.

Without risk there is no reward. There is NO LIFE without risk. Life is all about taking risks. Stretching, growing, being all that you can be. To succeed at anything there are risks. The greater the success, the greater the risk.
Buying is not difficult. Managing the properties/lease and repayments over 10+ years, is where all the hard work goes. If you do it well, and your property doubles in that period, then that is definitely something to congratulate about.
If it doubles in 10 years? Sheesh, property on average doubles every 7-10 years. If it hasn't doubled in 10 years, then it will be about to double or he has selected a poor area to invest in. I don't believe that is so. Travelbug is a cluey kinda guy.

Sure, there maybe a little time where things don't go smoothly. But, hey, that's life, and it ain't plain sailing for most of us.
I know 2 families who shared about 5 Ips between them, the breed winner recently lost their jobs and had to fire sale their homes. Not a pretty picture.

We all know horror stories. But the whole point of this forum is educating ourselves so that you don't fall into that category. Those families might not have done all they could. They might have bought at the wrong time. They may have paid too much for the properties. They might not have been insured. They might have spent beyond their capacity. They probably weren't members of this forum. They may have done something totally silly and most of us have done that at some stage of our lives.

And sometimes, you just have bad luck. You don't know in advance if you are going to get retrenched or sick. But you don't live your life in fear that these things may happen. They might not! You go out there and be all that you can be and do all that you can do. It's worth it.

Good on you Travelbug. Another great purchase. Don't let the naysayers get you down.

thanks Vincenzo, though I should have put it differently, never mind it's a bit silly anyway

Well maybe you're a bit like me, and still putting all your spare cash into investing, so you can't enjoy your spare cash right now like most people you know that aren't investing? I'm not jealous of them, i kinda feel a little sorry for them, so i offer good advice, on the rare occasion that people ask me for it anyway.

I'm definitely not jealous when i see others i know upgrading their cars with another new car, as for me long term gratification is not something i have to endure, it's something i enjoy ;) I really like watching everything grow :D It's a much nicer feeling than buying a new car or new HD LCDs for all the bedrooms and watching them depreciate.

Back