IPs in sydney south west

Hiya

am thinking of buying my 1st IP and was wondering if any of u's have bought there IP's in areas like Mt Pritchad, Bonnyrigg/heights, Greenvalley, Hinchinbrrok, Miller, busby, Cartwright, hoxton park etc.

Have the above mentioned areas been any good in terms of capital growth, rental yield etc over in the past few cycles ????

many thnx

G'day mate,

I do not have any IP's in those areas, but I grew up around those suburbs and spent around 25 years there. My mother bought an old (?) (1958) cottage in Mt Pritchard in 1997 for about 104K. I suppose it's worth about 300 thousand now. Not bad for a ten year period. I'm sure there are many more experienced people on this site that can provide further info for investment purposes for these parts of Western Sydney.

Cheers,
Phil. :)

Returns are inmproving in these areas and they currently have a high rate of mortgagee sales so great bargains to be found. I would be selective in whereabouts i would buy in these area's as they have there good spots and bad spots.... Parts of these suburbs tend to experience better growth than other parts. Its not hard to identify the good area's. The more PPOR owners the better...

All these areas have expereince good capital growth. I dont know many south western suburbs that were left out in taht category. Have a look at domain suburb profile and that will give you a good indication. With regards to rental returns this will vary with the type of house, condition and any other variables but having a look at houses for rent in these area's on domain will also give you an idea.

I would say if you find something good then go for it.... No reason not to in my opinion.

good luck

Hi - we bought our PPOr in March 1999 in Bonnyrigg Heights - brand new 4 bed / 2 bath Jennings house and land package for $350,000 and were able to sell (we moved out of the area) in October 2001 for $465,000 - a pretty good return for sure.

Prices then took a downturn like the rest of Sydney but I reckon and are now on the climb. Don't think we'll see any major increase in that market until next year, so now is a pretty good time to get in if you are looking at the area.

Cheers.

Hiya

am thinking of buying my 1st IP and was wondering if any of u's have bought there IP's in areas like Mt Pritchad, Bonnyrigg/heights, Greenvalley, Hinchinbrrok, Miller, busby, Cartwright, hoxton park etc.

Have the above mentioned areas been any good in terms of capital growth, rental yield etc over in the past few cycles ????

many thnx

I'm no expert in forecasting predictions, but Hinchinbrook has been one of the top 10 suburbs listed in the budget metro residex report predicted for capital growth in 5-8 years.

Back