Ipswich area plumber/handyman?

Hi
Have just had a quote from the handyman (PM's husband) to replace 3m of quad guttering (not colorbond) & connect a down pipe for $345. Considering a quick search gave me quad guttering at just under $9 meter am wondering if $300+ is ok for labour?

Anyone know anyone in Ipswich who can do this cheaper on a highset house or am I just being tight?

Cheers

Hi
Have just had a quote from the handyman (PM's husband) to replace 3m of quad guttering (not colorbond) & connect a down pipe for $345. Considering a quick search gave me quad guttering at just under $9 meter am wondering if $300+ is ok for labour?

Anyone know anyone in Ipswich who can do this cheaper on a highset house or am I just being tight?

Cheers

sounds quite reasonable to me ,i sure as hell wouldnt want to get up on a ladder to a second story and replace a length of gutter for $345 ,so in answer to your assumption .yes you are being tight

Sounds very reasonable to me also,
He's gotta physically go and buy the new gutter,
Take down the old one,possibly in the wind up two stories high,
Risk his neck on the ladder fitting the new one.
Take the old gutter to the dump,
And pray to god you pay him?:p

I concur with what has been said, I ask would YOU do it for that price? If so you know where the place is.

No offence meant. The price seems fair however I would ask is he has insurance to do that work?

Brian

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

In response, I have no intention of personally doing any repairs like this on any property I own - IP nor PPOR as it is not within my expertise nor skill levels to do so. I dont mind paying for someone else who has the skills to do the job - as long as what I am paying is fair to both of us.

I was really just asking as I have no idea of handyman labour costs and know it is reasonably easy to be 'overcharged' at times. I wonder if I took every quote and never questioned anything how often I would miss an opportunity to save some $?

Anyway - I am happy that the quote isn't excessive & will arrange the repairs.
Thanks again for your help.

Cheers
Kim

Back