Jerry Springer trailer trash

Over the coming months, let us know how long it takes to clean and repair the place, and then when you finally get it rented again.

Most importantly, let us know how much the insurance tries to wriggle out of paying up. I'd be interested in the total cost to you (repair cost and loss of rent) vs what the total amount that the insurance co. does actually cough up.

I'm sure the difference shall be substantial.

I don't like your chances on that one;)Just one question why would you employ the same "agent",after all that's what you pay them for to look after your investment??,i would not like the job of assessing the damages by the photos so far as they have let this property slip into the unknown, at least they did not pour pre-mix concrete down all the drains ihave seen and worked on properties many times like that and you don't get much for 10k when that happens,nothing like the smell of a jackhammer when it hits the blocked-solid-waste- pipes..
willair..

Thankyou for your reply. The agent I am using now is not the agent I had who put this tennent in, and from what I understand with this agent and her boss, she is very particular about who she rents out too.

It's not so bad Dazz. When our bad tenant damaged our house, the insurance coughed up to paint the lounge/dining plus bedroom, plus repair the window seat that he had smashed the lid of. Total cost to us was the excess ($400 from memory).

If we had not had insurance, we would have painted for "zip" as we had paint from last time, hubby would have put a new lid on the window seat for $20 worth of timber.

It undeniably would have been cheaper to do it ourselves, but we chose to go through insurance because we were busy, and also we knew the insurance company would chase the tenants, which we were not prepared to do.

We did lose one week's rent, but that is not unusual between tenants in a slow market.

Don't make it sound so bad, because often it is not. Obviously some damage is worse, but that is what insurance is for. It cost us very little. Just one of the costs of doing business, and we like to think of the "big picture".

Last edited:
I would think that the court where she threatened to damage your property might be of interest to the police. I also would see if the police can do anything about charging them.

I know when we had a tenant damage a house, the insurance company were most interested in getting the forwarding address for the girlfriend who was on the lease as well. She will be paying for his damage for quite a while and hopefully will have given the insurance company his details so they could chase him up as well.

Onwards and upwards. You just struck a crook tenant, which we all do from time to time. They are not all crook, so don't let it put you off.

Better luck next time. Perhaps consider landlord insurance if you don't have it. Over the years, we tend to decide whether or not to insure, depending on the quality of tenant. If we have any doubts, we make sure we take out the insurance, but for a tenant who is rock solid, we don't worry.

As for insurance I have full landlords insurance and have never had a problem with them paying out, as long as I have receipts! Dont worry I certainly wont let this put me off.

Im not a very vengeful person, but I would make it my duty to have charges laid, put her in prison and to be there when she has to face court......

What utter human trailer trash, they should be put down like a dog.

Actually when I first saw the property that was my first thought!, but like the police said if I do it would only aggravate her to come around whenever and put a brick through the window, so like I have told the neighbours across the road and next door that if they do come back to just ring the police, which they have all promised to do as they have all told me that they were terrible the whole time they were there and the fights they had were shocking, they even told me that they saw the boyfriend kicking in the front door one night, now I know why the door got damaged!.... they were just filth!

Over the coming months, let us know how long it takes to clean and repair the place, and then when you finally get it rented again.

Most importantly, let us know how much the insurance tries to wriggle out of paying up. I'd be interested in the total cost to you (repair cost and loss of rent) vs what the total amount that the insurance co. does actually cough up.

I'm sure the difference shall be substantial.

Thanks for your reply, I will definately let you know how long it takes to get everything back on track, as for the insurance we have tradies being organised as we speak just cant wait till the rubbish is removed it stinks:eek:, I just want to air the whole place out! as for the insurance the last time we claimed it was okay they just didnt pay out till they got a date for the new tennent to move into.

Thankyou for your reply. The agent I am using now is not the agent I had who put this tennent in, and from what I understand with this agent and her boss, she is very particular about who she rents out too.
Means stuff all in the real world,you set the "Yardstick" yourself and the problem with :rolleyes: real estate business people from my small experience they will tell you anything you want to hear,till the s``` hits the fan then they all run around trying to blame everyone but themselves, i learnt this small lesson many years ago "If you act in any way like a loser then they will walk over you and treat you like one..good luck..
willair

While I feel for you Blacky73 and hope it's all sorted soon.... the people I most feel sorry for are the LOSER tenant's kids. What they must be living with saddens me terribly, poor innocent kids, and because of this b**** they'll probably grow up just like her. :(

While I feel for you Blacky73 and hope it's all sorted soon.... the people I most feel sorry for are the LOSER tenant's kids. What they must be living with saddens me terribly, poor innocent kids, and because of this b**** they'll probably grow up just like her. :(

Thanks Leikela, and I have to agree with you totally, from what I heard from the neighbours , if the kids turn out anything like their parents they will only end up burdens on society and expect a free ride for their entire lives:rolleyes:

It's not so bad Dazz. When our bad tenant damaged our house, the insurance coughed up to paint the lounge/dining plus bedroom, plus repair the window seat that he had smashed the lid of. Total cost to us was the excess ($400 from memory).

If we had not had insurance, we would have painted for "zip" as we had paint from last time, hubby would have put a new lid on the window seat for $20 worth of timber.

It undeniably would have been cheaper to do it ourselves, but we chose to go through insurance because we were busy, and also we knew the insurance company would chase the tenants, which we were not prepared to do.

We did lose one week's rent, but that is not unusual between tenants in a slow market.

Don't make it sound so bad, because often it is not. Obviously some damage is worse, but that is what insurance is for. It cost us very little. Just one of the costs of doing business, and we like to think of the "big picture".

Maybe its cynical of me for a Friday night, but I suspect Dazz just wants to know so he can then brag how with him comm property he'd just deduct the repair bill from the bank guarantee....:p

Insurance Cover!

Just found out that the insurance I have got covers everything:D . Basically I will end up with a renewed and refreshed house and a increase in rental hoooorayyyyy!!!!:D

Just found out that the insurance I have got covers everything:D . Basically I will end up with a renewed and refreshed house and a increase in rental hoooorayyyyy!!!!:D

I have found that there are times that the crap of society actually do you a favour in this way.:D

Good result. You see, not everything is doom and gloom in the residential IP journey after all..... but you knew that, didn't you?

Thank you tenants :p:D.

It sounds like you weren't given the option to approve the tenant. The PM should take some responsibility if they put in a tenant that was not suitable. Especially if they were listed on the TICA database. You could pursue them for some compensation.

"Sorry it turned out that way" is the only compensation I wold expect to receive unfortunately.

Back