Ipswich-Brisbane Corridor

mja's right that this area is huge, but it seems opportune to mention that we went for a drive out to Ripley a few weeks ago and were absolutely amazed at what's happening out there. The Centenary Highway's been extended to go all the way across to the Cunningham Highway south of Amberley/Willowbank. I would think that anywhere in this area is going to show excellent growth over the coming decade.

I noticed a huge block of land is being sold right near the Redbank shopping centre. I don't know but it seemed like good value at around $4m I think for such a big residential site. Sorry I don't have the link now.

i would have thought that the corrider between brisbane and the gold coast would be a better investment long term?
Because that is between two places that you you might want to go i.e. the beach or the CBD.
I see that as one advantage to living on the southside is it is easy to get to the beach. My cousin lives in runcorn and he zips down to the beach all the time.

It seems to me out ripley way there is a lot of vacant land.

i would have thought that the corrider between brisbane and the gold coast would be a better investment long term?
Because that is between two places that you you might want to go i.e. the beach or the CBD.
LOL at your view of the world, Gatoblanco. I understand that you're (obviously) a beach-loving single person, but for most people, living close to employment, school, family, etc, generally come a lot higher up the list than "proximity to beach". ;)

The Amberley Air Force base is the largest in Australia and has plans for significant expansion. It employs more civilians than military personnel and will continue to do so, therefore creating significant employment in the area. The Ipswich City Council also has plans for creating new housing and commercial estates in the Ripley Valley, so the whole area is likely to undergo huge changes over the coming decade.

Collingwood Park

We've got new 4BR house and land packages in Collingwood park from between $330K-$350K. I believe this represents good value at the time of writing. As most would know, Collingwood park is not far from Goodna and Redbank and is close to both the Logan and Ipswich motorways. Its a 35 minute drive to the city, or less depending on traffic.

The govt. is spending a lot of money upgrading the motorways between Brisbane and Redbank. I think these upgrades will also benefit the Lockyer valley looking ahead.

Beware the mines. Parts of Collingwood park are built on top of mines and suffers from subsidence:

http://www.dme.qld.gov.au/cp_subsidence.cfm

Yep,

It would be good if the government (DNR&M) or whatever they are called now actually kept plans of the myriad of tunells under that area (and greater Ipswich area). I thought I read somewhere that the government didn't keep track of all the plans???

This area, unfortunately, doesn't bode to well for me, as the shafts don't come up in any searches. I can remember that the owners who had their properties cave in / cracking, have had a hard slog to get compensation. I don't actually know what the result was.

All the DD you do in the area and you still get blown away with this now. Very unfortunate for owners who have had some structural damage to their dwellings as a result of the redundant shafts.

I have seen some good buys in Collingwood Park, but unfortunately with knowing that it could be sitting on a potential 'problem', will stay away from that area.

I can remember this had an effect on prices, and maybe thats why some of the deals seemed good at the time.

Insurance companies are also now aware of this possible scenario, but don't know wether it would be covered in any policy.

Knowing my luck at the moment, I am sure if I bought in the area, I would be sitting on an unmarked / unknown black hole.

Each to their own.

Cheers,

F

Yep, thats 23 so far!!!
Who knows when the other unmapped tunnels will collapse? if at all??

It pays to listen to the locals. I was looking at a townhouse in Collingwood Park when my boss at the time, who has lived in Goodna/Ipswich all his life, warned me about the mines. :eek: This was back in 2005. I think I made a good choice. :)

Back