Is Climate Change/Global Warming man made?

Is Global Warming man made?

• Global Warming is the result of human activity.

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Global Warming is NOT the result of human activity.

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Not sure or undecided

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The significance is that the numbers will, one way or another, dictate what proposed 'actions' are or aren't taken.

No they won't, the government and the UN has it's own agenda and I can assure you that the wishes of the people are of no interest to them.

No they won't, the government and the UN has it's own agenda and I can assure you that the wishes of the people are of no interest to them.

I didn't say their 'wishes', I said what they think.

I say it's of concern to the UN because public opinion/belief is disrupting their agenda.

The numbers have spoken, both here (repealing of the CT) and in Warsaw (western nations not agreeing to paying compensation) - goes against what the UN proposes.

Actually; it is if they think it will win them votes to agree with what the folks think.

Julia thought (and probably correctly) that the public would love a new tax to take some dough away from the "evil mining companies who are making too much money." :rolleyes:

So - and also due to the pressure to get in bed with Bob and his silly mates - they went ahead and did it.

Last edited:
From closed thread;

This debate was already degenerating into a match of who could shout the loudest. The deniers were winning in the emotive name calling and half baked facts. Now it's become a slanging march on both sides. Time to shut down.
Not from me it didn't, Geoff.

Regarding the last issue raised in that closed thread, sea level rise, it isn?t uniform at all, due to the complexities of gravitation, coriolis effects, centrifugal forces, thermal expansion differences, prevailing current and wind effects some parts of the world experience much higher rises in sea level than others.

i.e. the sea level does not rise uniformly at all like a lake would when water is added to it.

Then there is the added complexity of vertical continental plate movement which can also add or subtract from sea level rises over time.

Back