Is Dr Haneef Tampa Mk II?

Wish the government would throw some more money at the Navy and Customs so they actually have half a chance of keeping all the illegal Indonesian fishing boats out. If a bunch of terrorists wanted to come here illegally, it would be the easiest thing in the world via the unpatrolled areas of our top end.

Wish the government would throw some more money at the Navy and Customs so they actually have half a chance of keeping all the illegal Indonesian fishing boats out. If a bunch of terrorists wanted to come here illegally, it would be the easiest thing in the world via the unpatrolled areas of our top end.
I reckon it's kind of like a real life survivor test.

Anyone brave enough to undertake that journey and survive should be given a job and citizenship immediately.

Terrorists....... oh yeh... What is it? Be a Lert not a Llama?! Just remember we are safer now than before we posted troops to Iraq, so should be fine.

Just remember we are safer now than before we posted troops to Iraq,

You really think so? If (when) we get attacked (again - maybe Bali, maybe here), you can ask Little Johnny why he sent troops to invade sovereign countries which only resulted in us becoming a target. Remember, it's not a war, it's an invasion by us, against Iraq and Afghanistan. Anyone that still believes the invasion of Afghanistan was about catching Osama and not about laying oil pipelines is kidding themselves.

Mark

Don't get me started on Australian Custom's again, they are still to busy prosecuting/persecuting yachties that dont have satphone/email facilities onboard to worry about illegal fishing boat's and terrorist's.:mad:

It would be so easy to have an organization working on a model like the American Coastguard, a combination of Navy, custom's, national park's and wildlife, and air sea rescue/coastgaurd, but some goose thought it would be too expensive.:rolleyes:

http://www.defence.gov.au/minister/Reithtpl.cfm?CurrentId=1047

Dave

You really think so? If (when) we get attacked (again - maybe Bali, maybe here), you can ask Little Johnny why he sent troops to invade sovereign countries which only resulted in us becoming a target. Remember, it's not a war, it's an invasion by us, against Iraq and Afghanistan. Anyone that still believes the invasion of Afghanistan was about catching Osama and not about laying oil pipelines is kidding themselves.

Mark
No I don't think so! Needed a sarcasm smiley.

The fact that we haven't been attacked so far just shows how much of a global threat terrorism really is.

Oh dear.

Now it appears that the good doctor may be linked to al-quada after all. And we let him go?

All the 'do gooders' and 'wowsers' and civil libertairians who were so behind letting him go will be to blame if this bloke is guilty. The pressure on the police and government was huge. I just wish people would shut the hell up, and let authorities do their job. We are a nation of whingers.:mad:

This is terrorism. We have to put 21 million people ahead of the civil rights of one. Mistakes will be made, but we have to be carefull.

See ya's.

I totally agree mate. I was listening to an interview with a very seniour investigator who was recently retired and used to head the division that investigated Haneef.

In essence he said that it was a VERY high pressure case, that was botched because there were 2 organisations working together yet against each other to try and convict this guy.

In the end the QC presenting the case presented the case for the police and gave the wrong facts in his opening statement, but because the police didn't want to seem incompitent none of them stood up and said, "sorry mate you have that mixed up."

As a result 2 slightly different versions of the same tale got told and Haneef got off.

BUT there was more than enough to convince our customs fellas that he was a threat to national security, and they were more free to use common sense and a sense of caution than the courts were.

<KS>

No I don't think so! Needed a sarcasm smiley.

The fact that we haven't been attacked so far just shows how much of a global threat terrorism really is.

Aye mate, I agree. Although I've always believed that the attacks in Bali were clearly directed at Australians. In my opinion, it's much easier for them to attack us there than it is for them to come here and try it on. I think most people forget that we live right on the doorstep of the world's largest Muslim population.

It seriously makes me angry that that balding, four eyed midget is willing to send our young people to die and put Australia on the terrorist dart board so that he can play around with the idea that he's 'someone' on the world stage and make a mark for himself.

Mark

Mark they hate us and want to kill us anyway. you just have to accept that and then you can start to move on. You cannot reason with these people... don't get me started on religion but you can't reason with a religious nutter because it is all about faith, which is another word for throwing yourself 100% behind an ideology that cannot be proven at the expense of everything else.

what stuns me is that we sent him home 1st class. have we totally lost the plot?!

Mark they hate us and want to kill us anyway. you just have to accept that and then you can start to move on. You cannot reason with these people... don't get me started on religion but you can't reason with a religious nutter because it is all about faith, which is another word for throwing yourself 100% behind an ideology that cannot be proven at the expense of everything else.

what stuns me is that we sent him home 1st class. have we totally lost the plot?!

Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims?

Wow! I quite enjoyed reading the diversity (and the extremity) of opinion in the earlier posts but with uneducated and racist comments/generalisations like these, it's time to unsubscribe from this post and leave the ranters to their ravings ;)

Laterz... :p

unsubscribe all you like but I fail to see anything racist in my remarks. Allegations of lack of education or generalisation are entirely your beliefs and assumption.

Are you suggesting that terrorists involved in the 911 attack did not hate the west, or that it was an accident and they didn't want to kill us? or do you feel that every individual has a right to fly home 1st class if you fail a character test?

Nomadic - err... there are many examples of terrorists that are not religious nutters. The nail bombing of the gay club in Soho London in 1998 comes to mind. the world is full of idiots

Not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims?

Not all, but the problem with these young Muslim kids is that
you can easily program them to blow themselves up.
They are fools to believe that their god will reward them for harming other human beings.
They will burn in hell together with all the other criminals.

In Haneef's case we don't know the whole story and I don't think we need to.
The Police can deal with the issue.
I believe the case was handled well, letting him go and canceling his visa were IMHO correct decisions.
Releasing information to the media was the problem.
In cases like this there should be 100% media silence.
My 2 c.
Cheers

Are you suggesting that terrorists involved in the 911 attack did not hate the west, .....
I thought that was already pretty well established? re: 9/11 report and CIA reports on 'blow back'.

If it's freedom and the west they hate... Then the Netherlands is toast!... And Denmark, Switzerland, New Zealand and pretty much every other western country that is actually more free and just as west as the US!

Borrowing that quip about the Netherlands from this very funny video by a comedian I saw on youtube.. which I can't track down.

** edit.. oh here tis! (language warning)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7aFXRAW7mg

Last edited:
I happen to agree with Ausprop.... Not nomadic

The extreme Islamic fundamentalists are all nutters that can't be reasoned with. They do hate all westerners, mainly because of extreme jeoulousy of our power and wealth. We have computer controlled guided missiles, and they have SUV's and 40 year old hand held missiles. If they had nuclear bombs, I think they would use them to kill as many westerners as they could. They think their religion is telling them to.

Please note, I am not refering to 99% of Muslims. I am refering to Al-quada and the talliban and the extreme part of islamic belief.

I find it a bit worrying that people on this thread have stated that because we haven't been hit with terrorism yet, that it is an overstated problem. We would have been hit, many times, it's just that we are an island with enough tools to keep the mungrels out so far.

See ya's.

Last edited:
I'm not sure TC. I think Middle Easterners hate most other MEs with a passion built up over centuries. They use the west, read the US, for their own ends to provide a common enemy the enemy of my enemy is my friend type of thing and others, notably the Saudis, can get the US to spill their citizen's blood fighting their battles. (p!ssing off others at the same time).

I really don't buy the envy thing. Ever heard of a wealthy Arab donating to a charitable cause, even in another Muslim country? If there really was envy they would try to bridge the gap, earn some Brownie points. I can see no evidence of this.

IThe extreme Islamic fundamentalists are all nutters that can't be reasoned with. They do hate all westerners, mainly because of extreme jeoulousy of our power and wealth. We have computer controlled guided missiles, and they have SUV's and 40 year old hand held missiles. If they had nuclear bombs, I think they would use them to kill as many westerners as they could. They think their religion is telling them to.

From here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1586978,00.html

George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq'

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]President told Palestinians God also talked to him about Middle East peace[/FONT]

George Bush has claimed he was on a mission from God when he launched the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a senior Palestinian politician in an interview to be broadcast by the BBC later this month.....

....One of the delegates, Nabil Shaath, who was Palestinian foreign minister at the time, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I am driven with a mission from God'. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

Note: my bold

Mark

Edit: Middle Eastern terrorists - 5,000 (give or take)
Western terrorists - 600,000+ (estimate of how many innocent Iraqi men, women and children have been murdered in the name of God and oil profits since the invasion started)

Mr Bush went on: "And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East'. And, by God, I'm gonna do it."

I have the same religious views as you Mark.

I think religion is the worlds greatest evil. [not sure if you think that though]. A world full of athiests would be a nice place to live.

On some other things we disagree.

See ya's.

Hi TC,

I agree with you re: terrorists. Those scumbags and all other groups that commit terrorist acts, regardless of race, creed, colour, religious belief or what country they run need to be forcibly removed from the face of the earth. But there is so much more to the equation than them simply 'hating all Westerners' or whatever other simplification the media or Govt. reps come up with.

For instance, did you know that Osama's number one goal was to have all US military bases removed from the Holy Land (Saudi Arabia). It was on his website in plain english, clear as day. What you may not know is that the US packed up all it's bases there and have left - after 9/11. They no longer have military bases in Saudi Arabia. So Osama won. He got what he wanted.

Here's the proof: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2984547.stm

Also, it's no secret that there are ties between the Saudi Royal family (which is the real force behind US Govt policy in the Middle East) and terrorist groups. I'm sure you know that the US Govt and the Saudi's have very close ties and that the Bush family has strong direct business links to the Saudi Royal family and also even the Bin Ladens.

http://www.jinsa.org/articles/artic...d/884/documentid/1729/history/3,2360,884,1729
http://www.meforum.org/article/528

There are also reports of 30-odd pages being removed from the 9/11 Commission report because they expose links to Al-Queda and the Saudi Royal family and the Saudi's actually financing Al-Queda.

http://eatthestate.org/07-24/Missing28Pages.htm

This issue goes much further than a bunch of fundamentalists simply 'hating the West'. It's not Westerners they hate, it's US imperialism they hate - which seems to be a common thread all over the world. I sometimes wonder if Americans ask themselves why they are the most hated country on earth.

Mark

Never understood why we (well, the US anyway) went into Saudi Arabia. Most of the terrorists in Sep11 were from Saudi Arabia, but we went into Afghanistan and Iraq. Go explain that one.

Anyway, I dont think terrorists are such a big threat anyway. We're all paranoid about them taking over nuclear power plants etc. But all the stuff they've done has been really simple. Anyone could have hijacked a plane pre Sep11. Security was really lax. And now all they do is drive cars full of explosives at things, or set them on fire. They're not doing anything really complex now, are they.

Wow! I quite enjoyed reading the diversity (and the extremity) of opinion in the earlier posts but with uneducated and racist comments/generalisations like these, it's time to unsubscribe from this post and leave the ranters to their ravings ;)
Laterz... :p

See that question mark on the end of my post?

In the English language this symbol denotes uncertainty and allows room for doubt. It was a rhetorical question and for the record, i am not racist.

Who are the terrorists? They are Islamic fundamentalists who aim to bring in Sharia law but they don't have a chance of effecting this in our country.

However i do believe terrorists have won a milestone in instilling fear through their actions (alongside government and media ramping).

Someone made the observation that real terrorism is played down by governments and false terrorism is played up by the same governments.

In my view, George W Bush could be argued as having terrorist tendencies stemming from his faith as a radical extreme right wing christian.

Back