Is it easy to rent out a house with 5+ bedrooms?

Hi,

I am wondering if it is easy to rent out a house with 5+ bedrooms that is within 15km from Brisbane CBD?

The house was described as "dual living", but I don't think it can be rented out separately in BCC area.

Thanks

Maybe as a short stay holiday rental?

Would possibly be attractive to families from Melb/Tassy/Adelaide looking North for a winter escape?

generally dual living in brisbane and surrounds isnt 'legal' especially if it its not legal height,

if your 5bdr is the same price as a 4bdr generally in the area its easier to rent it out, but at an extra $5-25 per week, might reduce your tenant pool

5 bdrs is a lot

Depends on the configuration of the property - wouldn't be easy if it was 5 bed/1 bath/1 living area/no parking whereas if it 5/3/2/2 it will cater for the users.

generally dual living in brisbane and surrounds isnt 'legal' especially if it its not legal height,

if your 5bdr is the same price as a 4bdr generally in the area its easier to rent it out, but at an extra $5-25 per week, might reduce your tenant pool

5 bdrs is a lot

I suspect lower floor also not legal height. Agent said:

"With Brisbane City Council though as long as you?ve got no more than 5 unrelated parties + a caretaker (+6) parties residing in one premises, its okay.
We manage heaps of properties like this."

I don't think I will lease it out separately due to the "illegal" bit, but hope it is good point to try negotiate better price.

If its near a University it should be easy.

Rent out rooms individually for higher cash-flow if you can manage it well.

Why Catholic Church bulletin only? :confused:

K019_McCabe.jpg

Back