Is it law to provide tenants a dryer in your unit?

I have a really old dryer which i know would probably fail sooner or later.
I have said this machine is optional within the unit.

Can i ask if it is law, that it’s the landlords responsibility to give the tenants a means to dry their clothing. This can either be a clothes line or a dryer?

I was told that it was law (in ACT at least) if there is no external clothes line available. And this didn't mean one that was constructed on a balcony or anything, it had to be in a specific area.

LINK
LINK2

Can't find something in the fairtrading act or any australian links.
it seems it is common that if you supply it and without any details within the contract, the landlord may be liable for its upkeep.

If it was never provided, the landlord is not bound by law.

?

I would rip it out. have had to fix mine twice and that is only because at the start of the tenancy it was there. if its not there at the start you don't have a problem.

I have a really old dryer which i know would probably fail sooner or later.
I have said this machine is optional within the unit.

Can i ask if it is law, that it’s the landlords responsibility to give the tenants a means to dry their clothing. This can either be a clothes line or a dryer?

Not sure if it's the law. Don't provide anything that's about to break, as you will have to replace it. Maybe you could sell it to them, for $10, and keep that a separate deal to the rental contract ... but I'm not a lawyer.

I was told that it was law (in ACT at least) if there is no external clothes line available. And this didn't mean one that was constructed on a balcony or anything, it had to be in a specific area.
you dont have to provide a laundry, but you do have to provide a dryer ??
*gurgle*

We have one property that states it is not on the lease. They are welcome to use it, but it will not be replaced. If my husband can personally fix it, he will.
We have that stated in their lease..alternately you may be able to write something up and have them sign it.

Back