Is K Rudd Here????

I read somewhere that his wife's business is worth $150m. I think I know who is paying the bills in that relationship.

MRO don't discount the value he brings to the relationship. She may be running a great business, but he's got an enormous amount of value in contacts both here and overseas. There's a lot of value in having world leaders on speed dial even when you're not in power.

He's got the sob story of his Mum being kicked out of the house they rented in Eumundi when he was a kid. One of my clients is the nephew of that landlord. Appartently there is a very different side to that story. Krud is not quite the Aussie battler he proports to represent.

I'll also acknowledge that with the leadership change Labor has a better chance of winning the next election, but Gillard was a far better Prime Minister. They got rid of Rudd the first time because he was a bad leader. They got rid of Gillard because she wasn't going to win the election.

Wow, to think he might be reading this forum......:D

Rudd's luxury property portfolio miles from Struggle Street

When his dad died, Rudd's mum looked after him. They were never rich. I believe the family was on welfare for some time. Although I do not agree with the politics of the ALP, full marks to Rudd for lifting himself from nothing!

Only in Australia - a country of great opportunity - could such a thing happen.

We should all be proud.

PS. The guy deserves all the luxury property he owns. He has worked for it.

"With Canberra property sales expected to slide if the Coalition comes into office - with the possibility of thousands of public service job cuts - it is assumed that the Brisbane-based couple are selling up before the bottom falls out of the market."

Haha that is quite the assumption. Can't say I know of too many public employees who wouod be buying in that price braket and running off on a whim.

I read somewhere that his wife's business is worth $150m. I think I know who is paying the bills in that relationship.

Therese Rein (Mrs Kevin Rudd) was listed on the BRW Rich 200 last year as having a net wealth of $210m.

All they said this year was that she didn't make the cut off of $235m.

When his dad died, Rudd's mum looked after him. They were never rich. I believe the family was on welfare for some time. Although I do not agree with the politics of the ALP, full marks to Rudd for lifting himself from nothing!

Only in Australia - a country of great opportunity - could such a thing happen.

We should all be proud.

PS. The guy deserves all the luxury property he owns. He has worked for it.

Only in Australia? I share the sentiment that he and his wife deserve credit for where they are, that sort of wealth does not happen by chance but lets not pretend that millionaires arent made every single day somewhere on earth.

Only in Australia? I share the sentiment that he and his wife deserve credit for where they are, that sort of wealth does not happen by chance but lets not pretend that millionaires arent made every single day somewhere on earth.

Here here. At least they have taste as they are beautiful properties.

Mind you won't change my vote.:p

No it does not,and one would take their hat off to someone from nowhere doing the same and the % and those numbers would be slim some people are in the right place at the right time..

"Failure is not an option. And we will not fail."

Not saying I liked her, not saying I agree with the things she did, but she was far more effective than Rudd. Credit where credit is due, getting the carbon tax through (even though I think it's a pile of steaming ****) in a minority government as well as numerous other difficult pieces of legislation demonstrates what a shrewd negotiator she was. No chance at all that Kevin could have achieved this.

Absolutely they do. I agree. His wife started her business from a room at home and has grown it to a global concern. I don't particularly like Kevin Rudd, however hats off to him and to all politician's that lead the country for their ambition and drive. Irrespective of whether they do a good job or not, the hours are long.............

I also reckon Therese Rein would do a better job than the incumbent. She at least has the skills and business acumen to manage and run organisations.

Amazing... the Libs are now the underdogs.

Excellent - Aussies like betting on the underdog.

They really need to come up with more than "stop the boats" now.

No they don't. Bad Govt's are turfed out. It has always been thus. Oppositions are never put into power when the Govt of the day is doing a good job (caveat that with personal subjectivity). Personally I thought Howard was doing a sterling job, but got royally thrown out on his ear in preference for this rabble lot....but there ya go....I was wrong obviously.

With a few minor tweaks, everyone knows what they will get under a Liberal Fed. Govt. We all lived under one from 1996 thru 2007. There is no mystery.

With a few minor tweaks, everyone knows what they will get under a Labor Fed. Govt. We've all been living under one from 2008 thru 2013. There is no mystery.

No-one has to be convinced of anything.

Online bookmaker sportsbet.com.au has put the home's potential sale price to punters.
Atop the betting at $3.25 is a sale price of between $2,200,001 and $2.3 million. Over $2.5 million is priced at $5.00, while anything under $2 million is odds of $9.00 or higher.
rudd should put some on im sure he could get it right lol

Abbott has no appeal unfortunately. In Victoria, a handful of marginal seats which they hope to win, are now no-brainer ALP safe grounds.

Now ALP is actually targeting marginal seats held by Liberal. How the tides have turned. I'm thinking an ALP win come end of year.

The Liberals actually have to come up with credible policies. KRudd has certainly lifted the playing field and unfortunately if the Liberals can't lift themselves and tell the country what they stand for, rather than just everything anti-ALP, they probably don't deserve to win.

Excellent - Aussies like betting on the underdog.

No they don't. Bad Govt's are turfed out. It has always been thus. Oppositions are never put into power when the Govt of the day is doing a good job (caveat that with personal subjectivity). Personally I thought Howard was doing a sterling job, but got royally thrown out on his ear in preference for this rabble lot....but there ya go....I was wrong obviously.

With a few minor tweaks, everyone knows what they will get under a Liberal Fed. Govt. We all lived under one from 1996 thru 2007. There is no mystery.

With a few minor tweaks, everyone knows what they will get under a Labor Fed. Govt. We've all been living under one from 2008 thru 2013. There is no mystery.

No-one has to be convinced of anything.

I think the Liberal party is also still clinging on to this view, but I don't think it's a strategy that will win the election, they need to do more.

I think the Liberal party is also still clinging on to this view, but I don't think it's a strategy that will win the election, they need to do more.

I agree but there is no point releasing policy from opposition when you can't implement it. As Tony Abbott says "you can't govern from the opposition benches". And it's very hard to develop detailed policies when you don't have an army of bureaucrats at your disposal like the government. There is also a fair risk that the other side will steal your ideas and pass them off as their own.

So it makes a lot of political sense to wait for an election campaign before releasing detailed policy, giving the other side as little chance as possible to use the machinery of govt to pick apart your high level ideas and challenge all the costings etc in the media.

But the risk with this strategy is that at the moment the Opposition is seen to be vacuous. In response to every problem in society, their message is always just "ditch the carbon tax and turn around the boats". It gets old after awhile... and not very convincing for those voters keen on education or health for example where the Opposition looks to have nothing compared to the govt at the moment.

Lets hope the Opposition can come up with some substantial, solid policies in these other areas between now and the election. I reckon the result now hinges on it. It certainly is a different political world from just a few weeks ago - Tony Abbott's personal ratings are now below the level that Julia's ever were... to take just one example. Not good...

Back