Is legitimacy enough when making money?

Originally posted by jahn
Final destination? Whats that? To retire wealthy and well, support my family and others if possible, while not working. Hope thats not death.

I'd suggest this is not a destination at all - merely a milestone in your life, from which new and wonderous journeys will take place !

I indulge myself.. :D

Society tolerates at any time some practices and call them law. Different forumites have different 'pathways' in life and call them ethics, morals, legality, etc.

Some sly, cunning, etc (generalising here - some would call them scoundrel and at best, a rorter and a wrong doer) people exploit the law and justify their 'unethical' but 'legal' practices. The beholders (often victim) consider their practices 'unethical' and immoral.

As someone looking in, I would say both are true to their 'colours'. The pathways people take determine their practices. However, people can change.

Bill Gates mentioned somewhere that he sees life as having the following phases: growing/learning, acquiring, giving. (I might have missed one stage.) These stages are roughly chronological.

When you have 'feted' enough of life, sooner or later, you will find joy in giving. If you have mapped out your pathways in life, you also understand that in your journey there are practices that are contrary to the framework. I will stop here before this is reminiscent of sermons!

:D

Sim

'I'd suggest this is not a destination at all - merely a milestone in

your life, from which new and wonderous journeys will take place !'

Sim
Take your point and totally agree.
Love milestones.
But am confused with journeys and destinations. My aim/plan for IP's is to be able to retire and not rely on the Gov for support, hence destination of that plan. Where is the end of life's plan ???
The journey could be all there is, so how important is it to get it
'right' along the way?!
BTW. I reached my destination safely this morning and arrived at work on time for a change. :D
jahn

Back