Is Merriwa a good investment suburb>

I think a good investment in Perth's northern suburbs is Amberton Estate at Eglington. It's a new subdivision on the coastal side of mamion avenue just past Shorehaven at Alkimos. Last month I bought a 280 square metre block overlooking a park for $179k. Will cost about $355k total for house and land (completely finished incl stamp duty). Rent appraisal is $430 a week. Considering the land is about 200 metres closer to the coast than where Shorehaven finishes now I think there will be some good capital gains to come and it is cash flow positive after taking in to account depreciation and tax.

jesus thats even after carabooda, middle of nowhere!

how confident are you with that rental appraisal? it seems quite high when this property is onlt $385/week in alkimos http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-alkimos-406302426

Sanj the property for rent in Alkimos is on the east side of Marmion. My property is on the west (coastal side). That's why there is a difference in the rents.

CLARKSON map (chemist) to add some perspective :)

ClarksonMap.jpg

We have a property in Clarkson (purchased 2000) so it has been interesting to see the area (and beyond) develop

Back