Is our PM full of it?

As per other suggestions, why can't you pay in advance instead to make it suit your pay packet. It will hurt first time round but everything will be easy thereafter.

When I got a mortgage on my current home, it was payable on the 28th of the month. I get paid on the 3rd and didn't really want the $$ sitting in my account so I simply paid twice in the first month, on the 28th and again on the 5th. From that point on it was easy.

If that's too hard, speak to the property manager and try resolve the problem rather than consistantly paying late. Maybe you can pay $50 extra each time you're late until it accumulates.

The comprehension skills in this thread are non-existent! I wasn't asking for advice on how to manage my money, but thanks anyway!

I don't think you could be blacklisted for paying late, but when your new LL rings the PM to get a reference, its likely to be negative, because you have consistently paid late. 4 days may not seem like much, but it is still late.
For your LL, that may well mean that their mortgage cant be paid on time, because they have set up their interest payments to come out automatically each Tuesday, for example. and if the RE agency has set up an automatic payment, paying late can mean that the LL is not paid for a couple of weeks. So, you need to think about the impact on others as well.
Next time, make sure you sign a condition report when you move in, and raise any issues - don't just stew on them. I assume you had a 6 mth lease, and if you are still upset about it now, it sounds like you never raised it with the PM...... any issues with the property should be raised immediately, and hopefully they can then be dealt with.
Also, if you know that you get paid on a different cycle to what your rent is being paid, then talk to the PM up front, and ask to be moved to a more convenient cycle, including adjusting the rent up front, so that you are never late....... don't just assume its OK to pay late.
For those 4 days, you are expecting your LL to be your bank, and they don't have to fulfil that responsibility.
Hope your next tenancy is more successful!
Pen

I feel sorry for your property manager, I bet she'll be glad to see the back of you.

Actually, she understands my frustration of living with a 33 yo who acts like he's 17 and is now going to source a new place for me so I don't take the issue of her not lodging our bond money to tribuneral.

If you applied to lease one of my properties, you would be declined.

Sydney has a shortage of rental properties, and while your rent has only been 4 days late repeatedly, you have been rude and verbally abusive to your PM. Honestly! Just ask yourself what kind of referance they are going to give you.

The job of a PM is a difficult one. I value my PM(s) way too much to approve a tenant who wants to behave in this manner. Grow up! Pay your rent on time. Be polite and respectful. Look after the place. Is that really too much to ask?

I think this is a classic case of a minor problem that could have been solved very early on by a proactive PM.

Good communication could have seen the date of payment adjusted to take a tenant's circumstances into account.

We had a tenant in an IP who was an elderly lady on a widow's pension. We self managed that IP and on an early inspection visit she asked if she could pay fortnightly on the day her pension went into her account. We worked out the rent on a daily basis to bring it up to the next pension day. After that it worked like a charm, she got her pension and paid her rent without fail.
Marg

Re your heading....no, in the nicest possible way, I think you are 'full of it' to expect others to accommodate you.

Some of your other posts indicate a tendency towards real rage...maybe you could get rid of all your 'tension' through exercise? Very bad for your health to be so full of anger & negativity...am worried you may take a pick axe to your PM.

You'll only attract negativity in your life the more you rant & rave & hold onto these unproductive thoughts & feelings. Like attracts like, so I wish you much positivity in finding a better way to deal with these situations.

Sometimes in life, you need to just let things go & focus on moving forward not holding onto the 'he said / she said' stuff. Be good to see the 'happy Bon' instead of the angry, scary one :)

Skater, I would never apply for one of your properties 'cause I would never live in Mt Druitt, LOL! No wonder you have a history of tennants not paying at all.

Mat&Mary, I wrestle 3-4x a week. It increases my aggression levels, especially after intense wrestling :D

Skater, I would never apply for one of your properties 'cause I would never live in Mt Druitt, LOL! No wonder you have a history of tennants not paying at all.

I have plenty of properties that are NOT in Mt Druitt. And FWIW 99% of my tenants pay and guess what, they pay on time and don't abuse my PM.

Actually, she understands my frustration of living with a 33 yo who acts like he's 17 and is now going to source a new place for me so I don't take the issue of her not lodging our bond money to tribuneral.

And how old are you?

IMHO every time you are late with a payment - this is a variation and requires additional paperwork by the PM, don't take your frustration out on the PM she did not choose your co-renter.

Bon - you have already bucked authority once and came off second best (Mt Isa) don't create enemies, create a network of helpful people.

To me successful people solve a multitude of problems quickly and have good people 'communication' skills.

Q - Tell us why have you not been able to solve the problem of your rent being paid late?

Regards
Sheryn

Hi Sheryn,

what do you suggest I do to my flat mate? Hold a gun to his head and demand he pay his portion? Pay it for him?

There is nothing much I can do, I should have avoided this situation in the first place by never moving in with him. Going to get my own place now so this sort of thing doesn't happen in the future.

Nah, no gun to head. May I suggest a polite coathanger followed by an elbow drop to the head but only after you cry out a warning of 'Arrrrrre you rrrrrrrready to rrrrrrrumble'

Trick - when someone suggests solution to a problem they are more likely to deliver

Hi Sheryn,

what do you suggest I do to my flat mate? Hold a gun to his head and demand he pay his portion? Pay it for him?

There is nothing much I can do, I should have avoided this situation in the first place by never moving in with him. Going to get my own place now so this sort of thing doesn't happen in the future.

Hi Bon

We have a history of paying rent late by around 4 days since the PM set up rent be due on Mon and we get paid on Thurs, but we always pay.
This was your opening paragraph to the thread you started

I would negotiate with my co-renter on his pay day to each pay half share of 4 days rent to eliminate!

Hold a gun to his head - tells me you need to learn 'negotiating skills'

Demand he pays his portion? Demand = No Identify the problem [4 days rent money], Discuss options with co-renter to reduce or eliminate this problem

- Explain to him in 'blokey words' that the rent is 4 days behind eg. use back of envelope to work out his portion. Example $150 per week per bedroom / 7 days = $85.71 each to pay.

Pay it for him - could have been an option and he repay you at $10 or $20 per week.

Bon - FYI - I have been down this road with both my children, my son was able to negotiate successfully and took the same route as you moved out into own new PPOR.

Daughter is still trying to negotiate with her 'boyfriend' to contribute! [There will be heartbreak involved in this one] :(

TRUST is a character trait that I value, how are you going to get the PM to trust you now?

I have had PM's ring me and say - these are good tenants they pay on time and keep house clean.

Also they have said, these are unknown and their references are suss.

Imagine if PM says - this tenant is a 'pain in the ****' and pays rent late.

PLUS - This tenant is a 'whinger'!!!:eek: I VALUE my PM's and I listen to them.

Kind Regards
Sheryn

We have a history of paying rent late by around 4 days since the PM set up rent be due on Mon and we get paid on Thurs, but we always pay.

If you were a glass half full person you would be saying. "I get paid on a Thursday and don't have to pay until the Monday. Yeehah!!!" 4 days interest while in your bank account.:D:D

Back