Is This Australia's Cheapest House?

Just got back from Moree and reno is coming along nicely besides some kids breaking all of the windows grrrrr

We are aiming to complete all of the works by the end of next week. Tenants are lined up to move in and will install new windows day before tenants are in. Also we will paint the house once tenants have already moved in.

I am considering living in the property just to be sure there is no more damage.

Anyone keen to join? haha jokesss

Engelo

Hi Engelo, good to hear it is coming along so well.

Care to share how you were able to secure the property for such a small sum. I understand it was on Nathan's deal finder, but presumably you saw it at the 80k original price?

Thanks

Hi Engelo, good to hear it is coming along so well.

Care to share how you were able to secure the property for such a small sum. I understand it was on Nathan's deal finder, but presumably you saw it at the 80k original price?

Thanks

No worries,

I first saw the property around a year ago with an asking price of $80,000. I thought it was too much to pay as it needed some plumbing, painting and other bits and pieces. I saved the property on rea.com.au. Two months later the price dropped to $60,000 so I called Petta (agent) to ask why? She said its sitting vacant and owner wants it sold. I started negotiating on it and during negotiations some kids broke in and vandalized the property. The negotiations stopped after this happend. A couple of months went passed and I spoke with Petta again and offered $37,000 for the property once the owner receives the insurance payout and renovates the property. My offer was accepted. Unfortanetly the insurance was stalling with the payout so another few months went past before I Iost my patience and told Petta I want to buy the property TODAY in existing condition for $15,000. She went to owner with my offer and to my surprise it was accepted.

So yeah I think there was a bit of luck to get it so cheap. I have another cracker deal I will go check out in the next week or so.

Fire damaged. Needs structural reno. Brick home. Major regional town. Ill offer $5,000-$10,000 on it. I have to go see if its dead tho.

Engelo

Hi Engelo,

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. So a lot of patience and a little bit of luck (along with some local hooligans thrown in).

Sounds like you have (and will) do really well out of the deal.

Whats your view of growth propsects for the area?

The house is looking much better, however if you want the nicotine & other stuff to not bleed, you need to put a coat of Zinser on it. This will stop anything coming through.

Good job though.

Hi Engelo,

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. So a lot of patience and a little bit of luck (along with some local hooligans thrown in).

Sounds like you have (and will) do really well out of the deal.

Whats your view of growth propsects for the area?

No problem matto,

I am always happy to talk about property. Im not much of a typer so prefer phone calls haha

I dont really focus on capital growth. Any CG is a bonus. Moree is known for its agriculture and im pretty sure I read somewere that around 300,000 people visit the Artesian Spa's every year so yeah there are good things going for the area.

Engelo

The house is looking much better, however if you want the nicotine & other stuff to not bleed, you need to put a coat of Zinser on it. This will stop anything coming through.

Good job though.

Hi Skater,

Thanks for your comment. We are using Zinser on the exterior for the graffiti. We didnt think we would need it on the inside grrr

Regards,
Engelo

Hey guys,

Just a quick message to thank everyone for there kind words. I have recieved numerous calls and emails full of support and praise so thank you very much for this.

I am more than happy to speak to anyone so feel free to get in contact. As you saw on the website I have no products for sale yet hahahaha

Take care

Engelo

Hi Skater,

Thanks for your comment. We are using Zinser on the exterior for the graffiti. We didnt think we would need it on the inside grrr

Regards,
Engelo
Nicotine is very hard to cover,sometimes I just use Solver Duraguard low sheen on the ceilings inside and it works,other times I use an oil based undercoat.

You can put as many coats of acrylic on as you like,it will always come through,your just wasting paint and labour.

Best to consult a professional first :eek:

If you need any advise I am always happy to help,just PM me,

Nicotine is very hard to cover,sometimes I just use Solver Duraguard low sheen on the ceilings inside and it works,other times I use an oil based undercoat.

You can put as many coats of acrylic on as you like,it will always come through,your just wasting paint and labour.

Best to consult a professional first :eek:

If you need any advise I am always happy to help,just PM me,

Hi Painter,

Thanks for your comment. I have already painted a house with nicotine on ceilings and an extra coat definetly does help. This one luckily isnt too bad.

Engelo

Hi Painter,

Thanks for your comment. I have already painted a house with nicotine on ceilings and an extra coat definetly does help. This one luckily isnt too bad.

Engelo
The best acrylic paint to use is actually an exterior paint that specifies that it stops tannin stains,like Solver Low sheen Duraguard,that's why we use it on the nicotine walls and ceilings.

You normally have to let the first coat dry for 24 hours before you apply the second to stop it bleeding through.

I have seen nicotine that bad that it is dripping from the ceilings,usually when a older gentleman has been sitting in that one old chair for twenty years smoking non stop.:D

The best acrylic paint to use is actually an exterior paint that specifies that it stops tannin stains,like Solver Low sheen Duraguard,that's why we use it on the nicotine walls and ceilings.

You normally have to let the first coat dry for 24 hours before you apply the second to stop it bleeding through.

I have seen nicotine that bad that it is dripping from the ceilings,usually when a older gentleman has been sitting in that one old chair for twenty years smoking non stop.:D

Thanks for your comments Pa1nter,

I will shoot you a message if we get stuck with the painting.

Engelo

Back