Bought a house for $22,000

With regards to the reno can you please jot down your budget please?

Also are you doing the work yourself or hiring help?

From experience, and the state of that property (if that is the one @62 Wingadee) I think your $15k would end up being more like $30K-50K (depending on labour and quality of finish).

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your comment.

I will disclose figures once reno is complete.

Engelo

engelo10, ... Do you realise that you've probably mucked up the median price for Coonamble with that purchase? ..... :p

Well done and good luck with it.

Mystery

Hi Mystery,

hahahaha I will renovate and put it back on the market at a higher price to bring the median back up :)

Thanks for your comment.

Engelo

About Coonamble
Coonamble is 550 km north-west of Sydney in Outback NSW. Although small in population, just 4800 people, Coonamble is large in size and covers an area of almost 10,000 square kilometres - making it the largest shire in NSW.

http://www.campbelltown.nsw.gov.au/default.asp?iNavCatID=144&iSubCatID=178

Bourke Shire 43000 sq km, Walgett Shire over 20000 sq km, Brewarrina Shire 19000 sq km for a few compared to those Coonamble is an inner city terrace backyard

Look forward to hearing how you fare engelo - keen to learn how to do reno's for less.

Wouldn't mind some of Nathan's wisdom here too.

Look forward to hearing how you fare engelo - keen to learn how to do reno's for less.

Wouldn't mind some of Nathan's wisdom here too.

No worries Jake, I will definetly post on my progress. I will be working on another cracker deal at the same time.

I always set low reno budgets so the figure is always in my mind. Its a strategy I use to keep costs low. I tend to go over budget but because I set such a low figure its still a very very cheap reno.

I am confident the Coonamble reno will cost between $15,000 - $20,000.

I have been working for and with Nathan for the past year. He taught me what I know today. I dont think there is any other property guru out there doing what Nathan is.

Regards,
Engelo

Cheers Engelo, look forward to it.

Nathan and I had a chat the other day. The reno kings are doing something similar but Paul's position is a property portfolio of 27.7mil with a net position of 80K profit per year...

Last edited:

Nathan and I had a chat the other day. The reno kings are doing something similar but Paul's position is a property portfolio of 27.7mil with a net position of 80K profit per year... not ideal imho

So he is only cashflowing $80k pa and has a portfolio worth $27.7m, is that correct?

Engelo

Nope willair. I met with the reno kings 2 weeks ago while they were in Melbourne. Their buy, reno and hold strategy has given them $27.7mil worth of property with a net cash flow of $80K with $0's in tax.

They have a portfolio of $27.7 million with net cash flow of $80k?

WHAT??!!!!

On a portfolio of that size, a move of 25 basis points equates to $69k.

If interest rates move against them by 30 basis points, their net cash flow would go negative.

If interest rates go up by 1%, they would be almost 200k net negative cash flow per annum. If interest rates go back up to pre-GFC levels they would have negative cash flow approaching 1 million dollars per annum.

Four possibilities: (a) the numbers are wrong (b) they have major cash reserves (c) there is something going on in the background (d) they are relying on their bank's good will and are crazy in the head.

Nope willair. I met with the reno kings 2 weeks ago while they were in Melbourne. Their buy, reno and hold strategy has given them $27.7mil worth of property with a net cash flow of $80K with $0's in tax.
Well that sounds great,even Telstra pays above 10% fully-franked but i've never understood gearing on gearing..

Nathan and I had a chat the other day. The reno kings are doing something similar but Paul's position is a property portfolio of 27.7mil with a net position of 80K profit per year...

Only 80k net? Insane imo. Why dont just reduce the exposure and drastically increase cashflow?

Back