Bought a house for $22,000

Must be why they're flogging their training courses and onsite visits, etc so hard - they need the cashflow!! :eek:

Good point,

How much do they charge for a course? hihi

$80k is pretty poor for a portfolio of there size IMO.

Cashflow is king but then again I guess it all depends on your strategy.

They might be growth orientated.

They probably have done things with their assets (trusts, companies etc) to reduce their taxable income to the 30% bracket. I know some high-income earners who earn exactly $80k per annum, regardless of how well-off they claim to be.

They probably have done things with their assets (trusts, companies etc) to reduce their taxable income to the 30% bracket. I know some high-income earners who earn exactly $80k per annum, regardless of how well-off they claim to be.

Doesn't look good from the Tax Office's perspective.

Hey guys,

In Coonamble at the moment and started renovating. I will keep you posted on the final renovation cost.

Add me on facebook as I will be posting on how the renovation is progressing.

Regards,
Engelo Rumora

Coonamble doesn't have any major flooding issues in terms of houses going under, at worst the town might be cut off for a few days.

Well done on the purchase.I will be a touch negative here and share my thoughts.I have over the years bought cheap houses in places even google maps has trouble finding.My experiences are the tenant pool is very low,old houses with a cosmetic makeover can still turn into expensive money pits,the socio problems seem to be never ending,and finding a good PM willing to manage them is a nightmare.then you decide to sell......sometimes it takes years to attract a buyer.The saying cheap is never good and you get what you pay is too true.Its all well and good to have a cheap property portfolio,but i would advise you old houses are high maintenance and costly to keep up with.Been there done that.If the poulation is under 5000 people,avoid like the plague.

Hey guys,

Just sold Coonamble for $35,000 without touching a brush haha

I am pretty happy with a $10,000 profit for signing a few pieces of paper :)

I was too busy with other renovations I am currently doing so I didnt want the headache of this one also. There is money in the deal even at a purchase price of $35,000. There were so many offers on the property and so many people pulling out last second. I find it hard to believe how people are scared to make money even tho I was willing to accept a lower price so the new buyer could also make a profit. Once the new buyer completes the renovation the property will definetly be worth around $80,000 minimum. I had all trades organized and ready to go at a cost of around $20,000 and this is without me doing any work.

Regards,
Engelo

Hey guys,

Just sold Coonamble for $35,000 without touching a brush haha

I am pretty happy with a $10,000 profit for signing a few pieces of paper :)

I was too busy with other renovations I am currently doing so I didnt want the headache of this one also. There is money in the deal even at a purchase price of $35,000. There were so many offers on the property and so many people pulling out last second. I find it hard to believe how people are scared to make money even tho I was willing to accept a lower price so the new buyer could also make a profit. Once the new buyer completes the renovation the property will definetly be worth around $80,000 minimum. I had all trades organized and ready to go at a cost of around $20,000 and this is without me doing any work.

Regards,
Engelo

Very nice Engelo!

not bad whilst most people slave away 40 hours a week for 2 months to make 10k! :)

Back