Is this normal

Have just shifted into our new 2 storey home with 3 bathrooms and find if we are showering and someone flushes the toilet or turns on another tap, let alone another shower, the water pressure and in particular the hot water just dies. I would have thought in a new home the pipes would cope with this. Would it be that the plumber has skimped on the amount of pipes or because the solar hws doesnt keep up? Any input appreciated

I have a 2 storey house with two bathroom upstairs and powder downstaire. I find no difference in the water pressure in the bathroom when the mrs is doing dishes. Be it cold or hot water since she uses hot water to do the dishes. Another case, no difference if someone is washing their hands in the other bathroom.
I have a gas hot water system and my solar panels supply electricity to the entire house

Steve

Have just shifted into our new 2 storey home with 3 bathrooms and find if we are showering and someone flushes the toilet or turns on another tap, let alone another shower, the water pressure and in particular the hot water just dies. I would have thought in a new home the pipes would cope with this. Would it be that the plumber has skimped on the amount of pipes or because the solar hws doesnt keep up? Any input appreciated

Maybe the water mains ins't turned on fully.
Check it out

Back