Is This Only The Start..

There are at least 3 different "country of origin" names (for lack of a better way to put it), possibly 4 as I wouldn't have a clue about the last one.
What story does it tell? I was a broker and I have a Chinese surname but racially I am anglo -celtic, if my name was up there what assumptions would you be making?(other than I am a criminal)

it might not be the surname, but surname combined with the time lived in Australia might produce some interesting results.

I have a good 'ethnic' mate that hasn't been in Australia for that many years. Several years ago he got the insight that he should be a real estate agent because a number of his national back ground was looking at buying in Melbourne.

So his angle:

He asks the seller what price do you want?
Ok I will try to get the price you want, that's all you have to worry about.

He then adds around 10%, and tries to sell it.

Seller gets his 'amount'. He pockets 10% markup. ie no 1 or 2% commission, but an effective 10% commission.

it might not be the surname, but surname combined with the time lived in Australia might produce some interesting results.

I have a good 'ethnic' mate that hasn't been in Australia for that many years. Several years ago he got the insight that he should be a real estate agent because a number of his national back ground was looking at buying in Melbourne.

So his angle:

He asks the seller what price do you want?
Ok I will try to get the price you want, that's all you have to worry about.

He then adds around 10%, and tries to sell it.

Seller gets his 'amount'. He pockets 10% markup. ie no 1 or 2% commission, but an effective 10% commission.

if it sells, it seems like he knows the intrinsic value of the property

Back