is this quote to replace 2 dead locks exxy?

just wondering is this quote too expensive?

its in NSW

"to replace the one dead lock in the door and a cylinder in the security door"7

$330 inc gst
seems a bit excessive when the dead lock probably costs about $60

I got billed 80 bucks for a dead lock to be installed when I already had done half the work. Had one part (the main one) already screwed in and could not finish it in time before the tenant moved in.

I think it is, was the quote arranged through managing agent? I now tend to find I get much better quotes by ringing around myself.

Have a basic idea of what materials are needed and cost, just ask basic questions, " roughly how long do you think it I'll take?" "what's your hourly rate, call out fee etc".

Recently my agent was quoted $700 to repair a panel and post of color bond fence, remove another panel and concrete edging to widen the drive way, plus remove some other bits and pieces. I rang and spoke with another handy man and got it all done for $260 including materials.

Cheers,

Ben

The dead lock will cost about $100. Install 70-90 plus barrel rekey say 20 plus callout another 80-100 so 330 is close.

If the quote is for a quality deadlatch such as a Lockwood 001 installed it was a good price for the deadlatch and the other keying.

If it is for the usual rubbish double cylinder deadlock he could be related to the Kelly gang.

The quote lacks detail.

Back