issues in the middle of construction

Hi, I am currently building our 1st home with Metricon in QLD. everything is going well. But yesterday I received two letters from the builder advising that our construction support coordinator, Site Supervisor and construction manager has changed! Is this suppose to happen at the middle of construction process? Does anyone experienced this before and what will be the best way to handle this?

I may be freaking out for no reason, but I thought I better seek some opinion.

Also, I have attached a photo of your under construction home. IMO the roof tiler has used mismatched concrete mixer in tile joints. Do you think this is acceptable? or should I ask them to fix it before handover?

Thanks for your advise in advance.
Cheers

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 112
See below.
Hi, I am currently building our 1st home with Metricon in QLD. everything is going well. But yesterday I received two letters from the builder advising that our construction support coordinator, Site Supervisor and construction manager has changed! Is this suppose to happen at the middle of construction process? Does anyone experienced this before and what will be the best way to handle this?
Yes, this happens alot, it's unusual if it doesn't happen.

I may be freaking out for no reason, but I thought I better seek some opinion.

Also, I have attached a photo of your under construction home. IMO the roof tiler has used mismatched concrete mixer in tile joints. Do you think this is acceptable? or should I ask them to fix it before handover?
I'd say it may not be finished yet.
As far as I know, they use a slightly flexible coloured coating over the mud used to bed the ridge tiles down.

Thanks for your advise in advance.
Cheers

The ridge caps are the only part of the roof that is pointed. From the photo it appears normal. As far as staff changes go - Business as normal.
A.

But yesterday I received two letters from the builder advising that our construction support coordinator, Site Supervisor and construction manager has changed! Is this suppose to happen at the middle of construction process? Does anyone experienced this before and what will be the best way to handle this?
Completely normal. As we don't have bonded servitude in Australia, staff are free to come and go. ;)

Your contract to build the home will be with the building contractor & not an individual employee of the building contractor.

Having a change of key staff while not ideal, in some times it can actually be better (depends on the abilities, competence & skills of the new staff compared to the old & how many projects they have got on).

To put a key staff change it in writing shows the building contractor is organised & is making an effort to do the right thing. Depending on the contract, the building contractor may not be required to do this.

With regards to looking at part completed work on site; usually unless you are involved in construction (as a job), part completed work on your own project can often look bad / defective. A lot of construction work only looks good at the time the finishes are done (which is when most people see it).

Thanks philip for explaining.

I got worried because the current site supervior is one of the construction managers and has been very good with communication and work standard. He is handing over to a new site supervisor with three months of experience in site supervising.

But he said that I can contact him if require and he will follow it up.

I spoke with him this morning and he will do a full inspection at the building site tomorrow before handing over to the new guy.

Luckly the house is in fixing stage. so the majority of work is done.

Back